Anyone seen this?

Anyone seen this?
I kind of want to watch it but I have a feeling it's going to annoy me with an unfair, one-sided narrative

Attached: IL1900_KeyArt_IAMNOTYOURNE[1].jpg (864x1280, 263.13K)

why would this ever interest you

Can blacks stop pretending its 1925 for TEN FUCKING MINUTES

Maybe he’s black

They will forever feel second hand trauma for their dead grandparents.

I like history and I like hearing others' perspectives, but I'll be annoyed if it's portrayed simply as
>black people good
>racism bad

there's not a chance in hell it'll be anything other than that

kek fpbp

Attached: 1394069942681.gif (360x270, 1.82M)

Its basically a historical debate. May not apply so much today, but parts probably resonant

I've seen his debate with Will Buckley. Is it based on that?
From what I remember, that one was
>I'm black and being in a non-black society makes me sad because I'm not like everyone else, but I won't create a black society because I should be entitled to this one
60 years later it hasn't gotten any better

get a life, black people!

I've seen it
It's exactly what you'd expect from the title
It's about a gay black race baiter
Everybody else itt is correct
Why the fuck would you think it would be anything besides White People Bad
I don't think I've ever seen a dramatic film or documentary made by black people where that wasn't the basic premise

Unless you're black, why even bother? You KNOW how this is going to pan out. They have their movies, we need to have ours back. Outside that whatever, and fuck everyone.

you should watch this instead, it's kino of the highest order

Attached: ill gotten gains.png (1250x1733, 4M)

I always wanted to see it. For years. I even thought of buying it.

Nothing happened though

I wouldn't mind seeing a documentary from the black perspective as long as it didn't completely ignore the whote perspective. Are there any documentaries like that?

No, of course there aren't, why the fuck would you think one did

James Baldwin is revered as an intellectual. I thought there'd be a chance that his views were nuanced.

It’s very much an essay-style documentary film where James Baldwin narrates his writings from the 60s. The racial discussions are of the civil rights era and are therefore agreeable to 99% of people. Baldwin’s political stance is somewhere between MLK and Malcolm X, probably closer to Dr. King. He ultimately preaches for racial unity and peace, but recognizes the differences between races and highlights historical systemic racism through old movie stereotypes and the origin of phrases. It’s a solid film because it’s one man’s perspective and you can take it or leave it.

Movie should've been called "please let me be your negro"

>but I'll be annoyed if it's portrayed simply as
>>black people good
>>racism bad
lol user, read the fucking title. And can you think of ANY race-based doc that wasn't entirely or almost entirely BLACK PEOPLE GOOD/WHYPEEPO BAD? The only one I can think of is Africa Addio; which is funny considering the guys who made it were liberals themselves, but they simply showed what was actually going on in Africa at that time as unbiased as possible.

>The racial discussions are of the civil rights era and are therefore agreeable to 99% of people.
lol nice try.

>I Am Not Your Negro is a 2016 documentary film and social critique film essay directed by Raoul Peck,[3] based on James Baldwin's unfinished manuscript Remember This House. Narrated by actor Samuel L. Jackson, the film explores the history of racism in the United States through Baldwin's recollections of civil rights leaders Medgar Evers, Malcolm X, and Martin Luther King Jr., as well as his personal observations of American history.[4]

Yes, because racism in the US wasn't real.