The entirety of middle earth is the size of two suburban towns max

>the entirety of middle earth is the size of two suburban towns max

does it make you hate it or love it to realize its so small?

Attached: isengard.jpg (700x359, 62.23K)

well if it’s that small, it only makes more sense to ride the eagles to mordor

>brings horse to a halt

>giant stone city in the middle of barren fields as far as the eye can see in every direction
>no farms
>no burnt out farm ruins

delete this

its suppose to look like this...

Attached: external-content.duckduckgo.jpg (1600x1012, 406.76K)

I always just assumed that we only see 0.01% of the world in the movies and that there was a lot more out there.

But it did always strike me as weird that you can see Minas Tirith from Osgiliath.

Attached: Gondor.png (1000x466, 977.11K)

Close enough desu

just like the last century of the Western Roman Empire.

What you see in Lord of the Rings isnt a civilisation anywhere near its peak. Its on its knees, hence why Sauron goes for the kill. Remember it is divine intervention that saves mankind.

soul
soulless

in the books there is a secondary wall that extends miles out from minas tirith that protects all the farmlands and peasant houses. the orcs bust it in the first stage of the siege and begin burning and destroying the farms. i agree it was stupid to leave it out of the movie

only problem with this is that im pretty sure the black wall is several miles out from the white walls, encompassing the farms, but yeah, close enough

I thought it was a decision by Jackson to make it look a bit like desolate marshland so it is not so easy to siege.

i could see that but kinda ruins the point, in the books you see a genuine transformation of gondor from a beautiful if stark land into a hellish nightmare of fires, smoke and iron wheels.

Attached: 391339931713bc0687f54f6b1ebe3ffe.jpg (918x450, 95.05K)

Jackson's plan was for Middle Earth to get more awful as the movies went on. So the Shire is beautiful, Rohan is still still kind of nice, Gondor is shitty and Mordor is hell. The biggest mistake imo is that Minas Tirith in Fellowship isn't more beautiful to contrast with Return.

if that was the plan thats probably a good way of doing it, but yea it doesnt really work since gondor always looked kinda shitty

it wasnt suppose to be a huge fucking city. just a fortress to hold off against darkness and a alarm system for the rest of man.

Fuck that's kino.

it's basically post apocalyptic
Arnor doesn't exist and there is no population
Rohan is a new country which is the remnants of the remnants of Rhovanion
gondor had declined for 1500 years
every other human was ooga booga
elves were declining
dwarves were declining and also wars in it result in 50% casualties in battles, way more than irl

Minas Tirith and Minas Ithil were twin fortresses that flanked Osgiliath, which was the capitol of Gondor for most of its existence. Being in sight of it was part of the task.

No, the city wall is black. There's another wall further out called the rammas.

It was probably for budget reasons. They ran out of money filming the third film.

> "MIINAAAASS TIRRITTTHHH!!1!"