It's salt

It's salt.

Attached: It's salt.jpg (500x497, 28.44K)

are you sure?

what purpose does it serve to mention that it’s salt?

To subvert the audiences expectations that it was an ice planet like Hoth

To show that it's a totally original idea and not just Hoth snow.

So they can further emphasize how not like Hoth the ripoff planet is

its tape

>we can't make a cold planet, it has been done already!
>dude, what about a salt planet? Isn't the so scientific, because like, salt planets actually exist?
>wait, would the audience be able to tell that it's salt and not snow or just white sand????
>*have an extra pick up dirty from the ground, put it in his mouth, and go "hmmm, yummy, salt!"*

Attached: 1643429738260.jpg (906x1362, 301.58K)

>I'm the spy.

Attached: I'm the spy.png (1787x1056, 844.69K)

To show that it's not Hoth. But for some reason the First Order deployed snowtroopers…

He should've winked at the camera after saying it. If you're going to be this hamfisted about a subversion, might as well go all the way.

>It's a saber made of light.
>A lightsaber, you might say.

Attached: obi-wan-luke-lightsabers_499a3d77.jpg (1280x720, 92.43K)

I walked out of the theater at this part. I hope Uncle Owen kicked the shit out of Vader, guy seemed like a real dick.

Hanwei katanaaaa

>consumes terrain for no reason
>"It's a shitty movie."

Attached: B822756440Z.1_20161013063142_000_G811OET7T.2_Gallery.jpg (850x538, 36.46K)

>mfw

Attached: R (44).jpg (1026x799, 112.71K)

Alright Any Forums time for a challenge.
Come up with a non-contrived situation and lines to explain that it's salt and not snow or sand.

don’t explain it at all. who cares if the audience accuses you of ripping off hoth?

show the rebels gathering it in small buckets to put on their eggs before the battle

Make it red sand that is white underneath

the sheer amount of contempt in that line kek

they knew everybody would think its just a Hoth ripoff, and since Rian tried to trick everybody into thinking he was doing something unique instead of just ripping off two previous movies he decided to add the salt line, problem for him was not only did it just bring more attention to the fact it was just a Hoth ripoff but it was also increadibly retarded since not even the dumbest jarheads just randomly lick the ground and states what on it

Salt Troopers, jeez

Attached: iz3t2.jpg (620x348, 33.81K)