Winner of 11 academy awards including best picture 2003

>winner of 11 academy awards including best picture 2003
How the FUCK did this happen?

Attached: 1638666932469.jpg (1536x1968, 1.26M)

Simple: it is kino

It was a good movie
Some say the best

Fpbp

mr FRODO

This

The hype snowballed to the point the academy couldn't ignore "that dumb movie for nerds".
That being said, it was extremely satisfying to see it happen on TV.

imagine being old enough and in the know to watched all of these in the theatre and watched them clean up at the oscars
damn i was born too late

It awarded the whole motion picture so the trilogy in a sense

I don't deserve those trips haha

didn't see the oscars at the time it came out but I saw it in theaters. truly an experience that can't be replicated.

Star wars distracted me and I thought lord of the rings kids were gay. That does sound kino but whatever.

That cover art is so good

i covered the junket! still have the swag in a box somewhere

Attached: F9A6FF04-9EB5-4665-948E-072F5790633B.gif (400x333, 43.26K)

Fromdrones and GRRM still seething.

Attached: 1349545319221.jpg (1500x1829, 455.86K)

>tfw dad took me to the theatre to watch all three movies together
Do these kinds of shit with your kids when you have them anons. It seems small and insignificant but they will cherish it forever.

Blessed franchise.

Attached: j-r-r-tolkien-651281.jpg (640x756, 109.65K)

CHECKED

Best Picture for ROTK felt more like a culmination of the entire trilogy

I remember them losing best costume design to Moulin Rouge. Was flabbergasted. Those orcs had individually hand crafted armor on each one, and Moulin Rouge had like six extras in frilly dresses.

I saw every one with my Dad at least 3 times. There hasn't been a cinema experience to top it yet

what was viggo's problem?
why didn't he see past the action scenes to the deeper emotional core?
it still weirds me out now why he disowned ROTK like that
did he even watch it?

What are you talking about?

I mean Christooher Tolkien disowned the whole trilogy for a similar reason. Excessive amounts of action glamourizing war with cool looking stunts.
I liked the first one the best. I think Vigo likes that one the most too. Everything is well balanced, theres not too much of any one thing.

maybe i'm remembering decade old shitposts now
viggo just criticized the cgi overuse in stuff i can find
i remember quotes about him calling them action films for teens, but can't find those now
if they actually existed, maybe someone can back that up

no blacks

My dad taking the family to a ton of Columbus Blue Jackets and Cincinnati Reds games are some of the best memories from my childhood/teenage years.

That's pretty ironic considering he'd go onto star in Eastern Promises and A History of Violence.