Me and my friend recently watched pic related and Ben-Hur (1959) and we greatly enjoyed both...

Me and my friend recently watched pic related and Ben-Hur (1959) and we greatly enjoyed both. I preferred pic related whereas my friend preferred Ben-Hur and now we're in the mood for some other historical epics. I've been thinking of Bridge Over the River Kwai but I'd be interested in other movies of a similar vein. They don't need tk necessarily strive to for complete historical accuracy, though personally I'd prefer that.

Attached: url(175).jpg (1920x2924, 1.12M)

Black Hawk Down is pretty good
Braveheart is good
Patton is amazing

>Bridge Over the River Kwai
yeah it's good.

The man who would be king is really good.

the sand pebble is good

Not sure if it counts as historical like the others but you could try Apocalypse Now if you love the smell of napalm in the morning.
The Duelists is also a good period drama, but not really about historical events.
Last suggestion is Amadeus, again not a movie about historical accuracy in any way, just a masterpiece movie.

D.W. Griffith's "Intolerance" is one of the most movies I've ever seen. It can be difficult for modern audiences, since it's a silent movie after all - but from a technical standpoint it's mindblowing. The entire Babylon part being an actual, physically built set really sent shivers down my spine first time I've seen it, and the movie is part of the history forever.

Attached: ezgif-1-5c824fe376.jpg (1600x1288, 763.57K)

Thanks, these ones sound pretty interesting.

These ones do not.

You need to watch The Ten Commandments and Spartacus, preferably on a giant 4K screen with HDR.

Kagemusha
The Cranes Are Flying
Zulu

based

I remember Khartoum was made as a response to Lawrence but I don't remember it well enough to judge its quality. I see The Right Stuff is considered an epic film. Maybe it's not made in the same style as Ben-Hur but it's definitely great.

>The Right Stuff
I think Apollo 13 should be considered an historical epic because space shit happens, but it's not sci-fi.

don’t listen to anyone else itt user their opinions are shit, watch The Lion in Winter next followed by Doctor Zhivago, thank me later

Attached: A0B49B89-DB19-4232-833D-707789E91049.png (316x362, 198.97K)

spartacus is overated

Cleopatra (1963)

Are you mad about Kirk Douglas' flat top?

2001 is the only kubrick movie i actually enjoy. they just come off as souless a lot of the time.

Lion of the Desert is straight up forgotten desert kino.

Attached: Lion of the Desert.jpg (1089x1500, 287.39K)

>The Lion in Winter

Love this movie. Top 5 Christmas movies, easily.

napoleon 1927 is kino

also kubrick has shit taste and wouldn't have surpassed it

Patton

Attached: Patton Ruins.png (1920x1080, 1.97M)

I was pretty disappointed by this movie.
The battles are very short, and Lawrence isn't a very interesting character.

If you liked these for the lack of women, then Master and Commander.

If you liked them for the epic classic Hollywood stories, then try another David Lean masterpiece: Doctor Zhivago

If you liked them for the huge war productions and historical settings, then Abel Gances' Napoleon (1927), pic related

Attached: 34064A41-AD56-4E09-86DE-F314EB37AF5F.jpg (1000x783, 172.42K)