Why is this movie so disliked?

Why is this movie so disliked?

Attached: MV5BNjcyMDZlMTktYTIxOC00ZWFhLWJkYzgtNWNiYjAwYTFkNjIyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTIzOTk5ODM@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg (1000x1487, 290.22K)

Literally just Keanu

Because people only know it for Keanu's bad acting in it. 110% the best Dracula movie and probably the most accurate. The aesthetics are 10/10 and Gary Oldman was fantastic. Fuck Keanu Reeves for ruining the reputation of this movie.

it's a technical achievement and nothing else

Bad casting, goofy aesthetics, putting a guy best known for mafia movies in charge or horror. Really it’s like when they got the guy who directed Amelie to do alien resurrection

I love it and watch it most halloweens

This

Because it's based on the original book. despite how cool Dracula is as a character, the book is surprisingly boring.

this. It's kino beside that.

Accurate

>book is surprisingly boring
What the fuck?
>keanu
>goofy aesthetics
>bad adaptation
>stupid rewrite

The flaws only added to my enjoyment. Keanu adds the fun of a so-bad-it's-good movie, except the movie is actually good.

Probably because it uses Bram Stoker's name despite changing story to tragic romantic antihero. Dracula here is too human. If you want to follow Bram Stoker then do bloody killer as he should be.
It's nice movie but bad Dracula adaptation despite misleading title.

I wouldn’t call the book boring, but the best part is the beginning when Jonathan Harker is in Dracula’s castle. Dracula becomes less threatening as the book progresses. Nosferatu improved the story and pacing quite a bit. It’s one of those occasions where the film adaptation is better than the book.

Attached: 8A81C8DC-1DE4-484C-84C7-BDD4A64ED431.jpg (560x600, 79.73K)

Best parts are the intro, the asylum, the boat, and tracking down the Bloofer Lady.
The actual hunt for Dracula is probably the weakest part of the novel.

i was going to argue about this, but yeah, i guess you're right
solid kino

Agreed, and there are pretty much no horror elements in the book after Mina gets bitten by Dracula. I don’t know if it’s just 19th Century storytelling, but the final few chapters when the main characters chased Dracula back to Transylvania felt very rushed and anticlimactic.

Attached: 52531B47-9C7E-4ED6-B226-82A5049F0343.jpg (600x600, 36.76K)

Pretty much everyone agreeing on Keanu. His acting is pretty bad, but easy enough to look past since the rest of the film is amazing.

>The aesthetics are 10/10

Attached: winona.gif (245x314, 1012.54K)

Great movie, fantastic soundtrack, nice boobs, and desu Keanu was fine

I liked it but I thought Dracula's character is a bit inconsistently done and it felt like they couldn't quite decide how to portray him