The phenomenology of capeshit

What brings grown adult men to watch superheroes movies?

Attached: 81h6LDQFHSL._AC_SL1250_.jpg (865x1250, 326K)

Mindless fun, action, Entertainment.

Not every flick has to be a serious drama based on real events

/thread

Sure, but what about people who ONLY watch capeshit? Lots of my friends are like this.

Me and my wife both enjoy it. Not really sure why you think people need to justify the things that they like.

Attached: 1648381814971.jpg (2048x2048, 371.11K)

This was a culmination of years and years of character building. From Iron Man first struggling to learn how to use his suit to this giant enemy everyone's heard of but don't really know how dangerous he is and it all came together in a digestible exciting and memorable movie. Loved Infinity War was a great theater experience

I only go to the movies to watch capeshit. But i'll watch other types of movies at home.

Society

Its an excuse for them to remain mentally like a child without being ridiculed as they can say "this is for everyone".

I grew up collecting comic books when it was an extremely niche hobby and wishing they made them into movies. Now they are, why wouldn't I watch them?

Kind of sad

Your wife's boyfriend too, i bet

this but unironically
I liked Infinity War and to a lesser extent Endgame because I basically grew up watching these movies

>when I was young, I thought it would be cool if superhero movies finally had all the comic book nonsense
>now I miss the days when they were embarassed of the source material

Attached: The Incredible Hulk 3x09.webm (480x360, 2.92M)

Capeshit looks so fake and generic to me. It's like they're repeating the same thing over and over again, and everything is filmed in a greenscreen room.

NOOOOO YOU CAN'T HAVE FUN. THIS IS SERIOUS. WE ARE ALIVE AND DOING THINGS. TAKE THIS SERIOUSLYYY AHHHHHHHHH SUFFFERRR

>I grew up collecting comic books when it was an extremely niche hobby and wishing they made them into movies
This is why I started watching them
>Now they are, why wouldn't I watch them?
Because they are pozzed and getting quite repetitive, which is why I stopped
>inb4 comics were pozzed and repetitive
Not like this

Yeah! In my day men never had time for movies. We were too busy getting black lung in the coal mines and elk hunting in our spare time....shut the fuck up.

Stay mad incel

Why? They're the only types of films I want to see on the big screen.

everyone has heard it by now and its deeply cringe but capeshit is literally the same thing as myth its just produced for billions of people instead of like 10,000

You could say that about almost any genre of sub genre of film.

Yeah I don't love all of them but whatever they're stupid popcorn movies designed to please the most amount of people to justify their budgets. All the fox and Sony movies have been pretty terrible but I'm not gonna be an edge lord and say the marvel movies are bad. They've done a really good job for the most part. It could have been a lot worse. If they maintain that quality I could still watch the occasional capeshit.