ITT: Post films that deserved sequels

Normies expecting MUH JACK SPARROW WAHEY JAPES AND HIJINKS robbed us.
>Period appropriate banter that is actully funny, not just Marvel oneliners
>Scenes where nothing happens they're just in a boat, soaking up atmosphere
>Action scenes that are realistic and well-choreographed
>/comfy/ Galapagos holiday interlude
>Russell Crowe fighting round the world

We deserved a sequel bros. And no I'm not talking about that likely shitty upcoming prequel.

Attached: 91vkIHq3MbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1065x1500, 256.92K)

I'm fine with no sequel but we do need more boat movies. Greyhound was very by the numbers but it was still watchable. Can't think of anything else recently.

Bring back Hornblower.

Hi Ioan Gruffudd

Master & Commander Far Side of the World were intended to be two films but the studio combined them. The best material from the entire series was combined into adapted screenplay and is already on screen. The rest of the novels spend a significant amount of time off the boat.

Attached: 00.jpg (2560x1197, 462.46K)

I'm actually Robert Lindsay, but hello to you too.

based collection

Attached: 1610881878389.png (586x614, 374.81K)

dare I say... DANGEROUSLY based

Attached: FPCHshjWQAckVsk.jpg (1109x1200, 104.52K)

>I'm fine with no sequel but we do need more boat movies. Greyhound was very by the numbers but it was still watchable. Can't think of anything else recently.
Agreed but the Writers couldn't help themselves. They had the evil mustache-twirrling Nazis howl like wolves on the radio and taunt the convoy and make death threats while Le Based Americanos just stoicly acted like professionals.

At least Russell was able to throw some heavy words at that soi man.

based russell. he is forgiven for les mis

I love this movie but my dream is that all of Aubrey/Maturin gets a TV series and follows them through their respective careers. Maturin gets his spy shenanigans, Aubrey gets a little more buffoonery. A man can dream.

Attached: 2007-sunshine-3.jpg (1108x1500, 249.76K)

I find the writers style unreadable

Either they succeeded and everything is fine, either they didn't and everyone is dead... What would be your sequel?

Some retards just want to consume more, regardless of whether the story is finished or not

they are making a movie based on the chronologically first book (I don't think anything is known about it besides the writer), if it makes any money maybe they'll make more

There's literally no way a sequel could work for this

Attached: 1646264022803.webm (800x337, 2.86M)

I watched it so I could see the meme and because I was writing a book about a bunch of preteen girls sailing nude to a distant island, and I ended up fucking loving it. Turns out the meme was from Le Mis.

>mistakenly watching the wrong movie
>or watching Les Mis
Sounds like you ended up choosing the lesser of two weevils

Checked, user.

Attached: russell-crowe-captain.gif (220x252, 649.62K)