Is it kino? trying to decide if i want to give up the next 3 hours of my life

is it kino? trying to decide if i want to give up the next 3 hours of my life

Attached: 90394028.jpg (5120x3200, 1.22M)

sure why not

Attached: cota5bfbs1421.jpg (400x300, 15.87K)

The cinematography is some of the best ever, but the dialogue really gets on my nerves after a while. It's mostly just one dude droning on and on about nebulous spiritual matters.

you're going to realize you've given up every waking moment of your life after you watch this movie

Attached: gc.jpg (822x960, 49.56K)

yes its kino

Kill yourself

I love stalker and I'll agree, but I think the stalker guy was supposed to come off as pathetic. The writer(my favourite) reminds me exactly of myself, and the scientist also reminds me of people I've often argued with.

Not sure what my point is but yea.

it's trash

Also, if you haven't already seen Mirror, I'd recommend it over Stalker.

It is not your typical movie. Don't expect to understand it either. It is very philosophical and more of an experience than a movie.

guide was supposed to look like a snake oil salesman only to be proven right by the twist at the end.

Does anyone really get the ending without looking it up?

Nah, but Mirror is also great. Solaris is Tarkovsky's best IMO.

Attached: solaris.jpg (1912x806, 375.51K)

Save the three hours and read roadside picnic. It isn't too long and if the story isn't spoiled for you, it's a real mindfuck take for some russian authors back in the 60s.

Unironically a cool premise that devolves into boring pused shit with various boring monolouges and people laying in pools of water or whatever, watch it if you really get into pretentious wank in which case youve probably already seen it otherwise dont bother

>but I think the stalker guy was supposed to come off as pathetic
I think he was like a despondent apostle. He wanted people to pursue The Zone in an attempt to become enlightened, but most people were more concerned about earthly power.

The way I see it, The Zone separated the wheat from the chaff. If you sought earthly power, it would destroy you – but if you were pure of heart, it would help you ascend.

It's been a while since I've seen it tho

The magic of cinema is that you don't have to understand it to find the beauty in it.

I didn't get that at all, I felt he was a silly perhaps even weak man who - while making money from doing tours of the zone, also felt something akin to a.. bond with it? He seemed to be the only one to take the place seriously.

I am an autist so it bothers me

i've noticed that 90% of acclaimed films i watch are a complete waste of time that have zero effect on me because im not old with tons of life experience. stuff like this just completely rolls off of me when it's over.

It's likely the most generic answer you'll find but what I got is "the zone touched the stalker guy, now their kid has telepathy - because why not"

I liked the first hour, Part 2 filtered my ADHD brain

I did love the scene when they're right outside the room

the first part was hypnotic and enthralling then when they get to the zone the film kinda comes to life, or "more interesting" if you want to word it like that

I enjoy the meditative long pans tark does, it's good to just be high and watch flowing water and let your mind fill in the blanks.

Same, although I'm pretty old (by Any Forums standards anyway, 30) but I haven't lived a life so there's really nothing to me, I'm just a hollow person.
I can appreciate these films aesthetically and technically. I can like the tone it sets, and the look of it but ultimately it doesn't emotionally resonate because I'm both dumb and without life experience.

Even most adults with ample life experience can't get into these types of films because most people's neural pathways are completely fried these days.

I get filtered by a lot of films but stalker for some reason or the other completely took me in, I was enthralled and mesmerized.

I never felt like I was pretentious or had to 'get it' either. Nothing to get. My own little puddle to reflect on.