So I've seen many retards claiming the whole thing is fake. Now, this is Hollywood, so there's always a possibility...

So I've seen many retards claiming the whole thing is fake. Now, this is Hollywood, so there's always a possibility, but it just seems like there's nothing to gain from it.
After a decade of flops and failed oscar baits, Will was finally turning his career around, he's had some duds, but every actor does now, this isn't the 90's. But between Suicide Squad, Aladdin and Bad Boys 3, he was doing much better than 10 years ago. He got his first best picture nomination, and was so close to getting his first oscar, which he’s been desperately trying for 20 years now. That alone would push his career forward.
Unless all of Hollywood is in on it (which means the truth would have leaked by now), there's no way a guy like Kevin Feige is looking at this and thinking.
>"This is the guy I want for my next superhero blockbuster"
Even if some people are defending Will, there's a ton of people who think he's an unhinged, agressive, insecure, cuck. If you're making a big budget movie, you want it to be as safe as you can, and Will's name is tainted right now. He won SAG, Golden Globes, BAFTA. Oscar was pretty much guaranteed, he could give a heartfelt speech, get tens of millions of views on youtube, tons of praise on twitter and a call to star on the next marvel movie. Now he'll get nothing for at least a couple of years, probably more. I haven't even mentioned how the entire planet now is aware that he is a massive cuck.
The timing is fucked, is a lose-lose situation for him.

Attached: 1648667766130.jpg (691x400, 44.38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kv73yzYuE_M
youtube.com/watch?v=cEn5IUANayI&ab_channel=LeeHardcastle
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Low iq retards think it’s fake. I was stunned, but I held on for a brief moment thinking it might’ve been some really weird bit they were pulling, but then when I heard Will Smith shouting I knew that he had lost it and no one would ever intentionally want to make themselves look that pathetic in front of millions. Will didn’t just shoot himself in the foot, he probably won’t ever live it down and his career will never be the same

Thinking everything is fake is an easy fallback for pseuds. Either it's proven to be fake, vindicating you, or the normies buy into the charade allowing you to feel smug indefinitely. And in the extremely rare case something is proven to you to be true without a shadow of a doubt, you can easily fall back and a mealymouthed pitypost about how it's not your fault you're so paranoid, you're just jaded by this sick world, and you're not a smug contrarian LARPing as a wise to "how things really work", you're a casuality of society wah wah wah.
The worst sort of people.

>it's fake
>implying the writers at the oscars could come up with something even 1/10th as interesting

and everything that happens on reality tv shows is real and totally not massaged scripted or guided

>it's one or the other, no exceptions!!
Exhibit A, the Pseud.

>but it just seems like there's nothing to gain from it
Apart from the fact that last year's Ocars was the lowest rated show ever and they needed to drum up some ratings. Apart from the fact that Chris Rock just so happens to have a comedy tour coming up and the ticket sales skyrocket after the slap. They attempted to make Will look like less of a cuck by standing up for his cunt wife but that part backfired partially because opinion is divided on if Chris Rock deserved it or if Will Smith looked like even more of a cuck by doing it. And don't forget, he still won the Oscar afterwards, still moved the crowd with his teary eyed speech and got a rousing applause. There absolutely was something to gain from all this and for the most part they've already gained it.

That picture has a point too by the way. Why exactly did Chris lean in with his hands behind his back as if to brace himself for the slap? He's tensing himself up to dissipate the impact and moving his head closer to Will so Will's hand can't gather as much momentum before it lands. It's not like he thought this through beforehand, it's instinctual. If you know you're gonna get slapped, you'll do what you can to prepare youself for it.

It's fake. And quite possibly gay as well. It sure as fuck isn't original because Jerry Lawler and Andy Kaufmann did the same stunt on Letterman back in the 80s. It made them a lot of money too.
youtube.com/watch?v=kv73yzYuE_M

>Thinking everything is fake is an easy fallback for pseuds. Either it's proven to be fake, vindicating you, or the normies buy into the charade allowing you to feel smug indefinitely. And in the extremely rare case something is proven to you to be true without a shadow of a doubt, you can easily fall back and a mealymouthed pitypost about how it's not your fault you're so paranoid, you're just jaded by this sick world, and you're not a smug contrarian LARPing as a wise to "how things really work", you're a casuality of society wah wah wah.The worst sort of people.

Attached: 951.png (200x327, 87.63K)

Reality tv "stars" are the bottom of the barrel, the grossest kind of "celebrities" you can think of, the joke of hollywood. Will Smith is a massive movie star, even if he's career is not doing as well he is still one of the biggest actors of the past 30 years, it would be nearly impossible to find someone in the west who doesn't know him. And he spent decades cultivating this image of the friendly guy, that doesn't drink, curse or do drugs.
Is pretty much an apples to oranges comparison

It's not fake.
/thread

There's a reason nearly every conspiracy theory is right wing dominated. Because everything in their brain culminated into the same ideas, especially on Any Forums.

>Will Smith gained from this by tarnishing his public image, distracting recognition of his first academy award, and having to go on a sulking apology tour just to slightly boost the oscar's ratings and promote Chris Rock's comedy tour

Attached: quattro.jpg (258x322, 20.93K)

I still think it's fake

when will we stop talking about this shit?

youtube.com/watch?v=cEn5IUANayI&ab_channel=LeeHardcastle

kino

If this is fake it's one of the stupidest PR stunts they could have come up with
Also doubt Chris Rock would willingly agree to looking like a massive bitch in front of millions of people

why not, its the most exciting bullshit to come from hollywood in awhile. we're just here to fuk around anyways

Given the awful views the last time I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled stupid shit like this to get attention and views. And it looks like it worked because you people won't stop posting your stupid ass memes every day. I wouldn't have known the Oscars were on if it weren't for this.

Why the fuck does the oscars care about viewership again? It's entire existence is to reward people for their work in film.

any publicity is good publicity you fucking retard

>tune in next year to see who's gonna get slapped next!

So by your logic will smith announcing he's a pedophile is still a good thing for his image

exactly

I think it's too mundane to be fake. If they had planned something like this I think it would have been more dramatic.
Based Chris Rock took it like a champ while Will seethed like the little cook he is.

fuck off jew

public image doesn't fucking matter you retard. everybody forgets about whatever the fuck you did within a couple weeks and you get to reap in the profits of free advertisement forever.

>it just seems like there's nothing to gain from it.
Hey remember how there was a war on? What happened with that? Did we win?

Associating "conspiracy theory" with rightoids was done deliberately by the CIA to discredit and discourage legitimate parapolitical research. When you do actual parapolitcal research and discover the truth about JFK, MKUltra, Paperclip, Cointelpro, OKC, Jakarta, Project Artichoke, the Phoenix Program, the Congress for Cultural Freedom, the Process Church/Manson Family, Le Cercle, Colonia Dignidad and so on you find that all of these things were done in service to an explicitly right wing, pro-capitalist agenda.

In b4 a glowie tries to discredit this post.

>There's nothing for WILL to gain.
Obviously the academy are fucking loving this whole situation.
if he screamed:
>Keep my wife's name out of your goddamn mouth!!
THAT'S IT! Now there's tons of retards on twitter claiming he's a superhero for defending his wife, but why would Jada care? If this was staged he would still be a cuck at home who can only stand up for his wife on a staged situation. And the audience might still think he's a cuck for defending his cheating wife. Again, lose-lose.
I've seen pranks on youtube, done by literal retards that looked 1000 times better but the fucking oscars can't do a convicing bit, and is making all of this mistakes you're pointing out? You're overanalyzing everything. People can react awkwardly in such bizarre situations. I've seen rekt videos were someone dies horribly and someone else can't stop laughing because they don't know how to react.
By the way, I think the moonlight - la la land fiasco is very likely fake, but in this case there's too many holes in the story, and the idea that will is an insecure cuck just sounds more reasonable.

Will Smith was given an Oscar to do this. Most actors, no matter how rich, famous or successful they are, are still complete and utter simps for the Oscars. I really don't think his public image is all that "tarnished" either. How exactly is this going to effect him negatively? He's still gonna get roles. People are talking about him now more than ever. Any publicity is good publicity as long as you're not letting other dudes deep dick your wife which he has already done. Everyone involved has gained from this. Even if they didn't, it doesn't need to have been a perfectly planned publicity stunt for it to have been fake, there's room for bad judgement here, all they needed was a motive and they all had a motive.

You know, all of this on top of the fact that Chris Rock visibly knew the slap was coming and leaned forward to recieve it from Will.

It's not the 1930s anymore. The Oscars is a spectacle for celebrities to indulge their narcissism in front of millions of people.

>DUDE EMINEM WAS SOOO PISSED
kek it was fake, deal with it

Attached: BrunoEminem.jpg (450x349, 38.39K)

Like the publicity celebrities get when they're accused of sexual misconduct shortly before getting cancelled? You're not supposed to take those sayings as literal truths, you mong. Will Smith already had good publicity in winning his very first academy award in his 30+ year career, especially after coming off of successive flops and panned films. It doesn't make sense that he would intentionally make bad publicity that overshadows it and stains his public image. You can't explain that away with "Any publicity is good publicity, that's the rule, don't think about it too hard!"

Tell that to Kevin Spacey, you drooling moron.

This, but unironically.

>I really don't think his public image is all that "tarnished" either.
His entire image was based around being a wholesome family man to the point where blacks in the ghetto were calling him a house negro. And here he is cursing someone out on live TV over a weak joke.

>Like the publicity celebrities get when they're accused of sexual misconduct shortly before getting cancelled?
Look at how many fucking comedians go on "durr I just got le cancelled" tours you dipshit.
>Will Smith already had good publicity in winning his very first academy award in his 30+ year career
Will Smith was a fucking hasbeen and so was Chris Rock
>It doesn't make sense that they would pull a publicity stunt like they did at pretty much every previous Oscar ceremony
You're fucking gullible dude.