Was dobsons critique of Star wars opinion on rey being a mary sue right?

Was dobsons critique of Star wars opinion on rey being a mary sue right?

Attached: tumblr_6d27d7f6c7a732dcd4b7242403c2ad30_04b6b86e_1280.png (1280x1269, 1.11M)

Other urls found in this thread:

hypocrisyofandrewdobson.tumblr.com/post/173473792617/ive-gotten-a-few-requests-to-share-the-story-of
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: 1589066755759.jpg (1045x2174, 992.72K)

I saw Star Wars 1 not that long ago with my gf, pretty sure there's a scene in there with one of the rebel pilots vouching for Luke, saying that they've been flying together and that Luke's pretty good

>never trained to be a pilot
>references a line where he talks about being a pilot

Kind of

But Luke loses his fight with Vader even with training, and was training to be a pilot in his little ship. Rey had never even piloted a ship before.

But they introduce Rey with like a 10 minute dialogue free segment showing her engineering and survival expertise

Kylo isn’t very strong or collected, is the point. He’s most show in TLJ, that’s the point

TFA I mean

>Rey had never even piloted a ship before.
Did she even pilot the ship? All I remember is "I bypassed the compressor!".

Thing is, women are fucking retarded.

women are physically and mentally bot suited for combat

kek

Where's the joke?

Rey's brand of Mary Sueism is more rooted in how every character instantly loves her. Her actual feats are kind of stupid but you can explain that away with hidden power or memories.
Every character instantly loving her is just bad writing. Only Obi-Wan likes Luke right off the bat and they have an established relationship. Han and Leia both think he's a stupid punk.

dobson is a fat retard and it shows here. He also conveniently forgets luke used the force to destroy the deathstar and spent years training to use it.

>20 year old man in prime of life that can backflip with green frog wizard tied to his back
vs
>67 year old crippled half dead cyborg with horrible burns
>prime fighter still barely wins 1 fight, loses other so bad he has hand cut off

>tiny womanlet scrawny underfed and never held a sword before
Vs
>6’3 gigajew as wide as a car trained to fight and in prime of life
>loses every fight

It’s retarded

Yeah she makes it do the flip through the star destroyer ruins

No, because Luke fucks up in every single thing he does and even has to be shown up by the very princess he saves along the way, Solo's mostly the one flying by the seat of his pants but able to perform the rescue. He's able to perform the shot thanks to both being able to bullseye womp rats in his farm, and Ben's help with using the Force.

Rey just used "the force" precisely as a pro without any sort of thing going on. She just did it and was that. No help, no specific thing going on, it was just "oh she did it".

>Kylo isn’t very strong
He just stops a blast mid air using the force in his very first scene

She flew the falcon

Hes too powerful chudbros, fall back and regroup. We should have never poked the bear.

Yeah she pilots the Millenium Faulcon and outflies those TIE fighters

Still had more training with a lightsaber and the Force than Rey (none at all)

Literally anons being triggered that people are nicer to women

Ok, yeah, being able to do that without ever flying a ship before is dumb.

Yeah Kylo has some tricks but he’s still a loser pretending to be more powerful than he is in that movie. I get it, he does have some powers, but he is at least supposed to be a fuck up

Wasn't luke destined for greatness though?

>Kylo isn’t very strong
>stops a blaster midair
>the fucking commentary track says the purpose of that scene was show that his power is the real deal

Curious.

God I fucking hate everything to do with Star Wars now

>HURR DURR WHY IS THIS BOY SUCH A GOOD PILOT? I MEAN YEAH WE HAD MULTIPLE REFERENCES OF HIM FLYING HIS T-16 AND THAT HIS FATHER WAS THE BEST PILOT IN THE GALAXY BUT ITS JUST UNBELIEVABLE AMIRITE?
>THIS IS TOTALLY THE SAME AS A GIRL WITH NO COMBAT EXPERIENCE AND NO HISTORY OF COMBAT EXPERIENCE 1V1 SOLOING A SITH WHO WAS TRAINED PERSONALLY BY A MASTER JEDI

Best we can say is that as a mechanic she’s really good with aircraft and has also learned from riding her little skiff

Hey, cool it with the sanist remarks

I’m really gonna need a sauce on that

Luke talks about training to be an imperial pilot in one of his first scenes

What are you basing this on? Every scene he has in the movie is basically an exposition of how retardedly powerful he is.

Rey is fictional and conflict is what makes stories interesting. That includes "friendly" conflict.
>I don't like you and you don't like me but we have to learn how to work together to accomplish our goals.

Yeah but evil is bad so if you’re really good then you’re really great and can beat evil because it’s bad. Does that make sense?

He is a large adult man wielding a laser sword he has lots of practice with. She is a tiny desert rat that’s never even picked one up. He fucks up every single person he meets royally up until she shows up. He fights another grown man with the same sword and completely chumps him slicing up his back and fucking him up so bad he’s in a coma. Kylo Ren is a fucking damn monster. He isn’t some chump, he is a dangerous mother fucker for like 80% of that movie, a mentally unstable murderer.

being pissed off and arrogant doesn't hamper your connection with the force. Vader was both and he handled fine.
>inb4 he lost against ben before he became a cyborg
literal jedi master and he barely won.

Wedge and han save lukes ass during the death star run. He's also a bit bumbling during the entire prison rescue. Rey is straight out the box PERFECT.

>spent years training to use it
>literally never used it once until that point

>he doesnt know about son of the dob
hypocrisyofandrewdobson.tumblr.com/post/173473792617/ive-gotten-a-few-requests-to-share-the-story-of

Well the conflict is that she’s delusional about finding her parents and going back to Jakku, Finn is lying he’s a rebel on a mission out of cowardice, and there’s an insecure school shooter after them

>Kylo has some tricks but he’s still a loser pretending to be more powerful than he is
There's a lot of people like that irl, and they would still BTFO a rookie every time effortlessly

Attached: 1356464902.jpg (1400x1400, 168.38K)

>who's only skill

Yeah but evil is bad and good is better so you best evil by being good

I haven't seen the movies in a while, bear with me. He did train with Kenobi though.

I'm pretty sure the canon explanation is also that Ben's technique is super defensive, so he was basically the best person to fight an overly-aggressive pissed off sperg like Vader. They sort of show this earlier in the movie too when he bitches out Grievous.

TLJ was so bad I still haven't seen whatever the last one was called.

Tell that to Luke's lost hand

You aren't missing out, even as an unintentional comedy it's meh at best