Have any of y'all just stopped watching modern American movies...

Have any of y'all just stopped watching modern American movies? I just saw Man of God (a Greek movie about Saint Nectarios of Aeginaon) on Monday, the first time I had been in a theater in ages. I absolutely loved this movie, I can't even remember the last time I felt emotionally immersed in a film like this. As I was walking out of the theater, I realized that there hasn't been an American made movie from the last decade or so that has made me feel any kind of positive emotions while watching it.

Is watching only Foreign and pre-2008 American movies the only way to enjoy films these days?

Also did any of y'all see Man of God? I thought it was amazing but no one on Any Forums seems to be discussing it.

Attached: Man of God (2021).jpg (1984x2835, 2.36M)

>it was amazing but no one on Any Forums seems to be discussing it
Any Forums is only interested in capeshit.
Anglophone cinema has been poor for nearly a decade. All the talent went into tv

But even the TV shows suck these days user. I can't even remember when there was a show that I was interested in watching on any of the streaming services.

>no one on Any Forums seems to be discussing it.
It's not a superhero movie

Attached: 1639981625476.jpg (2048x2048, 74.7K)

Based

>Is watching only Foreign and pre-2008 American movies the only way to enjoy films these days?
you're JUST realizing this now?

I watch mostly foreign stuff too. Americans are cringe spoiled whiny retards

lmao seethe more gayreek you will never retake istanbul

>PLEEASSEE EU PLEASSEEE LET ME IN
>I AM EUROPEAN I SWEAR
>PLEASSEEE

Is Any Forums just a capeshit-only board now?

I never said I was Greek, the movie is a Greek made English language movie.

>Starring Mickey Rourke
Based?
Looks good, thanks for the recommendation

I'm excited to see it. We need more christian kino.

>directed by a woman
How about no?

You feel this way because Orthodoxy is deeply spiritual and mystical, even to this day. Protestantism (and Catholicism to some extent) has been thoroughly modernized. Orthodoxy is still mysterious and very emotional, even for Orthodox people. I'm not saying that's a good thing. It's just an observation.
t. ex-Orthodox

Attached: 8385275873.jpg (770x918, 231.12K)

dangerously based

Attached: basedmonk.jpg (700x700, 232.01K)

>he hasn't converted to Orthodoxy

what a life

Attached: MtAthos.jpg (960x1080, 150.19K)

>He doesn't like Triumph of the Will
Absolutely filtered

Straight up just saw spider man and the batman after not being in a movie theater for 5 years.

I avoid modern movies like the plague because their plots feel so forced, soulless and inorganic with the shoehorned in political message in every fucking movie.

Don't forget thot worship.

Capeshit and thot worship.

Out of all the people to larp as
Imagine choosing horse fuckers
The state of roaches