The Shawshank Redemption

Why were he supposed to feel bad for him? He murdered his wife and kid

Attached: B888BF8C-4CA9-416A-8BF5-89958CD329DE.jpg (400x225, 26.52K)

Magic negro said so

Everyone deserves a chance to redeem themselves and regret their actions and grow as people. "Modern" concepts of justice are rooted in retribution, nothing more. You're a huge faggot.

once you look up what they all did it really ruins the movie.

>"look up"
Why don't you just read the book? Fucking illiterates

did he bring the people who he killed back alive? if he didn't he didn't redeem himself and there's no reason for anyone to feel sorry for him

Not after killing your wife and child because you lost at poker

I don't read that hacks books because I'm not a drooling retard.

Under your definition of justice and redemption - essentially, an eye for an eye - redemption is impossible. No one, or should I say no one who isn't mentally ill beyond hope, is evil, and evil acts tend not to occur because the person who enacted them was evil, but because of the forces that shaped them into a person who would make those decisions. Axiomatically asserting that justice should be based on an eye for an eye are foolish; instead, we should ask, "What is the benefit to the decision I am about to make?". Keeping someone locked up forever serves no other purpose than to sever them from society - which isn't necessary if they've grown and feel legitimate, lasting regret - and to tickle your bone for "justice" - i.e. retribution and revenge.
>b-but look at these straws I'm grasping at! i need my revenge!
"No!"
You don't! Want for revenge comes from the smallest, most despicable corner of your mind. Grow up.

And yet you watch movies based on them??

Attached: fuckyou_1_1_1_1.png (291x291, 69.1K)

>And yet you watch movies based on them?
They movies aren't full of his god awful writing which makes the movies watchable

The entire narration of the film is lifted directly from the novella

The sheepshank rebellion

The sneedshank chuckdemption

>No one, or should I say no one who isn't mentally ill beyond hope, is evil, and evil acts tend not to occur because the person who enacted them was evil, but because of the forces that shaped them into a person who would make those decisions.
And for people who murder their family. It’s thee same problem as the Green Mile, where we’re supposed to feel bad for the guy who was painfully executed but he had raped and murdered a little girl and burned her body to hide it. If anything it was karma

not word for word I bet
besides it's a small portion of the movie, look at the shining for example, it's the best movie based off one of his books and kubrick completely stripped it down and made it better
King sucks.

Not an argument. Sane people who do the most horrific things absolutely fall into the category of people I described who are not fundamentally evil.

Most of it is word for word.
The novel The Shining is one of King's very best books and is better than Kubrick's stripped down, sterile adaptation. King's treatment of the Torrance's family's dynamic makes the screenplay look like an embarassment - which it is.

Because he could be anybody who made a big fucking mistake. The whole point is it would have been better to leave him in the place he knows, instead of world he doesn't. In a way a harsher punishment.

Attached: rFjMCZMs8ZNucmaHzDLnhV.png (1280x720, 1.5M)

But murdering your wife and kid is fundamentally evil
Maybe if he did some other crime he wouldn’t be going into a life where has no place in

I cant believe this pleb faggot is defending Stephen Kings writing lmao

How is killing your wife and daughter because you’re angry a mistake?

How old was the kid? Not that it matters much.

so you claim it isn't?

I think they said 10

autism thread

The fact that he killed his wife and kid and society didn't kill him instantly is a failing of society. 40 years later it's impossible to believe he's the same exact person and so it's kind of on us to feel bad about it and let him try again.
Again, he should have been killed if it was conclusively proven he killed his wife and kid. But is someone still the same person after 5 years? 10? 20? 40?