Recycling greywater

1. Your country
2. Do you recycle greywater

We don't have anything in our relatively old apartment building, but I started collecting water with a bucket from washing my hands/face, the dishes, from soaking rice and beans. Also use a wide bucket in the shower, but I can't catch all the water. It's crazy how much water we use just to flush the toilet. I'm lucky to be in a place with lots of freshwater, but everybody should be recycling greywater in a way or another

Attached: Greywater.png (816x564, 818.14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lowtechmagazine.com/
lowtechlab.org/en
thespruce.com/adjusting-types-of-toilet-ballcocks-1824861
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

and how do you recycle it? it sounds like you are capturing it but what then? also yes in my area, so far as i know at least, its recycled at the water processing plant and then used for watering golf courses, plants and shit

I capture as much water as I can from the sink and shower, and then I pour it down the toilet tank or directly into the toilet bowl to flush piss and shit. I can barely get enough water for one full piss flush from just the dishes, washing my face, brushing my teeth and from soaking grains and legumes, I need a bigger bucket for the shower so less water goes down the drain.

oh interesting. i agree that toilet flushes do seem to use an excessive amount of water

i converted our toilet to low-flush toilet
just put a plastic bottle willed with sand/salt to it, it can save like 20 or more liters per day

it displaces water in the water tank

I have absolutely no need to recycle grey water. Our city water comes from the creek which has never run low, and the relative burden on wastewater treatment is negligible for residences. I live in the mountains.

you can build nice constructed wetland

Attached: image_2022-06-05_000142124.png (640x480, 495.49K)

That would be a waste of flat land in my valley

do you just place the bottle in the tank? is that it

yes, just fill it with salt or sand (i used salt)
did it ages ago b t w

nice, ive been meaning to do more cost-cutting stuff. do you have any more tips? ive been considering lighting my house with solar lights

what is goldwasser

i don't get it, you place a bottle full of sand in the tank to displace the water, so the flush will use less water? I mean can't you just mess with the valve thing so it reaches the cutoff quicker?

Peepee

theres plenty of stuff, but in my commieblock we're somewhat limited in that
we did more things in private house probably (like proper insulation)

i read this all day
lowtechmagazine.com/
lowtechlab.org/en

Attached: fill valve.png (1500x1000, 80.37K)

dunno, about the valve
i just wanted a simple solution, less water in the tank less flush
they now sell even some kind of plastic shit like this in the shops, but instead it is filled with air like air balloon or something, so that can be more professionally installed

it works flawlessly anyway

our toilet is more 'modern' and compact and has more complicated design (with button in the center)

It also have that thing.
Russians just love inserting bottles to curious places if you know what I mean.

Just put a brick in it

>i just wanted a simple solution
This IS the simple solution. Different toilets may have different designs, but if you take the lid off you can see exactly how high the water level rises and what triggers it to stop. Then you adjust that trigger (in some cases you adjust the bend of the float rod).

Here's all the ways to do it:
thespruce.com/adjusting-types-of-toilet-ballcocks-1824861