I want to get into star trek

I want to get into star trek
Is the next generation a good place to start?

Attached: 1626551270947.jpg (1000x1500, 208.99K)

Yes. Star with Season 2 or 3.

Yes, season 3 for the easiest to get into... unless you're daring, in which case watch every single episode in real world release order over 500 days.

Is season 3 really the place to start considering I know next to nothing about this universe?

>I want to get into star trek
why? are you a discord mod? the franchise sucks and has always been commie propaganda.

S1 E1

Dumbass

It is the second best place to start, the first is Wrath of Khan. You don't really need to know the characters already though you probably know something about them from general pop culture knowledge, Wrath of Khan is just one of the best and most entertaining sci-fi movies ever.

You're a retard making a permission thread on Any Forums it doesn't matter what you do.

>this universe
it's Rick & Morty with closeted british actors

>Is season 3 really the place to start
You'll pick it up, no sweat.

Attached: Star Trek 1551118790093.png (1688x1021, 928.89K)

>babby's first shill meme
disney employees are insanely cringe

Don't listen to this faggot start from the beginning season 1 has a slightly different feel but has good episodes. It's not a race to get to the end enjoy it at a slow pace

I've been going back through some of the old Star Trek point-and-click adventure games. They're all really good and a nice escape if you want to see more Star Trek stories that aren't the new terrible shows

First season is rough, and people might stop watching because of that.

So it's better to start with 2 or 3. Newbies can always go back to season 1 later, if they so desire.

Old Trek had a few liberal episodes, but they were more subtle, and the main theme was always "Sci-Fi" as opposed to a political mouthpiece, imho. No one is debating Gene Roddenberry was a SJW

Hi OP, I recently started all the Star Treks. DS9 is the best, but I would watch TNG first, then TOS, then Picard. Then DS9.. There is a couple DS9 Episodes you wouldn't understand unless you watch a few TOS episodes.

I plan on watching Voyager and maybe Enterprise next.

Picard is dogshit. Literally don't even watch, you're not missing anything.

The Dr. in Season 2 is terrible but there are only a few episodes revolving around her.

Tasha Yar was forgettable.

It definitely picks up in Season 3. But I wouldn't say S1-2 are unwatchable. Plus they have some kino episodes
>Measure of a Man
>Contagion
>Q Who
>Symbiosis

Watch the first episode of TNG. Then watch as much of season 1 as you care to. If you like season 1 then great keep watching. If you can't handle the cheese then skip to season 3.
Then once you have consumed the rest of TNG go watch the episodes you skipped or move to TOS.
Watch as much TOS as you want, when you get sick of it or finish go to the TOS movies. Then onto DS9, then Voyager, then Enterprise.
Anything new is fucking terrible and should only be watched as a last resort.
TNG movies as 95% garbage too, watch them if you really need more TNG but dont set your hopes too high.

Is tos the original series?

Yes. The 60s one with Shatner

Alright, thanks

tos in anything tv related means the original series

you can just jump around episodes in the show, very few are part 1 & 2 episodes