Just watched

This entire movie is a feminist's wet-dream of Medieval France. The original historical story is good and interesting to say the least, but this entire movie deviates away and makes every single Man in this movie to be a villain.

Attached: 34534.png (540x810, 707.27K)

Yes it fell apart in the end unfortunately. Turns out all man bad. Stop being rapists you chud incels. Women good

Yeah why the fuck did they try so hard to paint Matt Damon's character a villain? Also Scott undermined the whole script by saying her truth was THE truth. In every interview, Affleck and Damon point out all these PoVs are subjective.

>Oh no! the jewish rapist and a resentful assholes are portrait as assholes, this is an attack on my masculinity!
Who gives a fuck? The movie was great and the fight was kino

The problem isn't the politics of the movie it's the fucking retarded POVs. All three of them. Absolutely idiotic move by Ridley Scott. Without the repetitive POVs it would have been a good movie.

Fight was worst part of the whole movie

>Affleck and Damon point out all these PoVs are subjective.
They still are, subjective doesn't mean open to interpretation, by definition ALL POV is subjective.

matt damon wasn't close to being a villan he was just unlikable. i swear half of you niggers don't even watch the film and just pretend to be pissed off

It still undermines the script and story when Scott emphasises that the girl was the THE truth. If you read interviews with the writers, they clearly did not intend that. And it also undermines having three PoVs when Scott is basically saying the only one that matters comes last.

>THE truth
IIRC this title card was added much later on in post-production, in response to MeToo

>A villain
He's literally an honorable man who takes what is rightfully his. Driver was the villain, and Affleck was the true villain.

This movie portrays the men of 13th century France, a time when rape on a married woman was treated as damage being done to the husbands property, as misogynistic? I thought you chuds liked historical accuracy in your movies.

Whoever decided that should be killed but it certainly wasnt the only problem

As a white guy, i like to play victim in any situation i can. Its makes me feel special in my uneventful life.

Went to watch it in my kinoplace, too bad, could've been a very good movie without the woke bullshit, and with one less hour of runtime.

Only when it glorifies straight white men.

Yeah pretty fucking stupid. Even in Le Gris' PoV, it's painfully obvious he raped her.

IMO the movie should've portrayed more of the actual trial. Le Gris' alibi who was going to save his ass actually got arrested for rape.

Historical accuracy is good but Ridley Scott is a filmmaker, not a documentary maker. And I doubt Jacque would've risked his life in trial just for the sake of property.

Oh and the film diverges from history in many places. For instance, Matt Damon had several more children with her and died fairly old.

>Even in Le Gris' PoV, it's painfully obvious he raped her.
Not so much, in another scene of the movie it's shown this kind of "courtship" where the man takes control of a woman is actually part of the culture. The woman plays "hard to get" but ultimately surrenders to the man, that scene earlier in the movie is there to show that in Le Gris' perspective: she was just "playing hard to get".
So there's a clear ambiguity in that perspective.

ALWAYS (CLAPS) BELIEVE (CLAPS) VICTIMS (CLAPS)

The whole story seems fishy to me, I tend to think Jean de Carrouges and his wife fabricated the rape story so he'd have an excuse to kill Jacques in order to get back at the count who favored screwed him over repeatedly.

Bruh, they literally forced themselves into her home and pinned her down with her struggling. The ones at court willingly put themselves in Le Gris' chambers.

As if this dumbfuck bitch didnt know what she was doing.
This was les gris perspective
>hey gurl just dropping by your castle
>yoooo nobody home mind if i come in
>we're in the bedroom now okay seems legit
>gotta go honeybunch ttyl

The entire point of the movie is that it's not Rashomon. This isn't a case of "different viewpoints." She was raped. It was traumatic. They lived in a time where being a woman were treated like shit.

This. Except we'll never know now though its not THE TRUTH (tm) #metoo