Baseball would have been the ultimate sport if it wasn't so slow paced

baseball would have been the ultimate sport if it wasn't so slow paced

Attached: usa-today-8520526.0.jpg (1400x1400, 209.03K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qLECMCargd8&ab_channel=crashdavis818
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The slow pace is comfy imo and makes it well suited to watching socially with food and drinks.

but sports is supposed to have pace

It does have a pace. It's just a slow one.

Attached: 1622672593590.jpg (1242x1122, 166.62K)

can't argue against that. just saying it has so much potential

Attached: 1620888253064.jpg (987x561, 96.76K)

baseball must be seen irl to be appreciated

Baseball was way cooler 100 years ago during the "dead ball" era, various differences in the structure and rules made it really hard to hit long balls so the game was all about speed and snappy defense.

that sounds so much more exciting why did they change it?

Why do they have so many games? Average season there is hindereds of games who watches all that

Various reasons, safety was part of it. They stopped letting pitchers dirty up the ball after a guy got killed by a pitch he couldn't see, also they changed the material of the ball so it flew better (don't know why), and Babe Ruth made home runs fashionable.

I still don't get what this "sport" is about

witnessed

Better to think of that "lack of pace" as tension buildup waiting for release when the ball leaves the mound, same way you hold your breath for a long putt in golf. A key part in really getting the tension is understanding the possibilities of what can happen in baseball and how every pitch can lead to serious consequences. Things could unexpectedly go very wrong or very right in the blink of an eye unlike soccer or basketball where someone has to drive their way through some distance before getting close to scoring. Hell, even leadoff walks can make my begin to sweat.
youtube.com/watch?v=qLECMCargd8&ab_channel=crashdavis818
Takes a lot of games to separate the wheat from the chaff for the playoffs, provides a lot of opportunities to go to a game when you want to rather than having to go out of your way for a single day of the week, so there's always something to watch on TV when you're not going out. I don't know why few people don't like having more games available for their own sports. If you like it, wouldn't you want more of it as long as player performance isn't affected? Besides, nobody asks why Test takes five days in a row in your case, or how tournaments can consist of five whole Test matches.

The 162 games are a huge selling point for me, it takes away most of the "omg it's game day I'm going to throw a tailgate party!" cringe that surrounds football. I can enjoy things way better when there isn't so much pressure. A regular season baseball game isn't that big of a deal, so you can take from it what you want.

It won't make any sense until you understand the defensive element, that's where the actual sport happens.

Add a pitch clock, problem solved.

i thought it was boring as fuck my whole life, but i've come to enjoy it recently. it's comfy to have it on in the background.

I don't understand why people complain about baseball being slow when football is way more boring and mostly commercials. The rest of the world is right about preferring rugby over it.

Supposedly the average football game only has 5 minutes of live play

football wasn't always like that. in between plays you used to get comfy close-ups of the sideline and all the players bickering or taunting. now, as soon as the play ends they go to a commercial. people should protest about that instead of the police killing criminals.

I work for an MLB team ama. It's actually really frustrating how much the league experiments with different things to adjust pace of play

i think theres about 60 plays per team and every play is around 5 seconds long. so, that would come out to 10 minutes of playtime for a 3 hour nfl game.

I'm more of a pesäpallo man myself

babe ruth's record was only possible because the league changed the ball intentionally

The attacking team tries to get a player around the field. Every time they manage to do this (called a "run"), they score a point - like a goal in football etc. The defending team tries to prevent this. It's an extremely autistic and strategic game where people wait around for long periods of time punctuated by short spouts of intense activity.

That reputation for commercials is the more fault of the broadcast rather than the game itself desu. Ads mean nothing when you're there in person. Even a high school game can take hours simply by the nature of the sport, pro teams just make the pragmatic decision to cash in on that for TV.