Why was it such a better time?

Why was it such a better time?

Attached: DFC65843-33A1-4907-9EED-242C93FBE086.jpg (1024x768, 127.42K)

you were a child. you miss your childhood.

that's it.

Because everything you love wasn't dying around you. Your pet that felt like your bestfriend was going to live forever, you didn't worry about money and it felt rare that anyone was. Sadness had yet to consume you. You still had hope.

because watching movies used to be a ritual. you went out, picked up a physical copy of a film, rented it at the counter where some qt college student (or insuferable neckbeard) usually worked, then while you were checking out you might have met someone that also regularly goes there for his kinos, had a little chat with him about what you watched and what you will watch, stopped for snacks at your local gas station and then, last but not least: you poped it into your dvd/vhs and got ready for some kino you either watched with your family, friends or just by yourself. these days you just scroll through your netflix/your torrent list, pick something that might not suck too hard and fall asleep on your phone 30 minutes later. what I'm trying to say is that modern consooming has no soul.

Attached: patrickbateman.gif (285x210, 1.84M)

>be me, kid, fucking idiot
>be at blockbuster at night time with parents
>see cute girls my age running around in pajamas and cute fluffy shoes
>funny feelings
>still to this day find women most attractive when in pajamas
zoomers will never experience blockbuster and it is upsetting

Jews were still trying to be subtle pushing cultural Marxism.

i'm and older zoomer and at least got to experience it's last few years as a little kid. still miss it.

Ironically in the age of the internet access to movies actually feels more limited than ever. Movies rotate in and out of whatever streaming service you're using and the only place to rent movies if they're even up for being rented is on Amazon. Sure you can pirate, but do you really want to go through that effort to download a movie you may not even like? With video stores you have a selection of pretty much every movie you could ever want to watch. You rent it and watch it and if you don't like it you never rent it again.

Communist infiltration of Academia hadn't reach full saturation and bled into Hollywood and pop culture.

>oh no! some big corpo, who shot themselves in the leg for not evolving with the times,is not around any more for me to rent their movies. oh nonono
why do boomers miss this?

>missing the point this hard

>Sure you can pirate, but do you really want to go through that effort to download a movie you may not even like
Nigga it's like 2 clicks. Zoomers, I swear.

Attached: 1629669670899.png (554x554, 133.37K)

you had to return some videotapes

Life was better pre internet

virgin blackpill

chad redpill

The "it only was better because you were younger!" narrative falls apart when you consider that almost every generation that experienced video stores genuinely liked them. There's definitely more to it, and user pretty much nailed it - there was more effort involved, and to a degree, it felt like you were doing more than just watching a movie.

Thought you were gonna say “to this day 6 year olds in pajamas are my biggest fetish” lel

or you're autistic.

>6 year olds in pajamas are my biggest fetish
kek

also nice quads

>because watching movies used to be a ritual.
this. also, just like when you arranged a meeting you had to be there, you couldn't just cancel it at the last minute with an sms, when you rented a movie, you couldn't just not watch it because you changed your mind, you were already paying for it, so boredom or the urge to do something else wouldn't cut it.

Laughed really hard at this for some reason, probably because it's true

Attached: .36.gif (280x210, 1.49M)

Interesting point - a lot of things are certainly worse now because you don't need to commit to anything, nor is there any expectation of that.

I find it no mere coincidence that the idea of marriage is rapidly declining in The Current Year.

checked satan, natural attractions aren't a fetish

You were happy.

Epic trips to go with based post

Get a library card nigga.