I was watching Star Trek TNG and I thought this was fucked up. Tam Elbrum is helping the enterprise on a mission...

I was watching Star Trek TNG and I thought this was fucked up. Tam Elbrum is helping the enterprise on a mission. Riker yells out some shit about a disaster. Picard goes to meet this dude and Troy is like.. Hurr dude, can I come I'm with. I know him from university. Picard is like, yo, you worked with him? Troy's like.. na he was a patient.

No HIPPA at all in the Star Trek Universe. Bitch is like, yeah he bat shit crazy. Whats up with that shit?

Attached: deanna-troi.gif (506x640, 3.78M)

>like, yo, you worked with him? Troy's like.. na
stop talking like a monkey and I'll co sider your point

Attached: index2.jpg (306x165, 11.17K)

>Hurr
are you in elementary school?

>gif

hey, i watched that episode a few days ago

That doesn't really violate HIPPA. Saying you want to treat someone that was formerly your patient is just normal.

>titties poking through dress

Attached: 1635851523888.png (359x321, 327.83K)

Almost sounds like Stacy Abrams doesn't it...

Attached: demona_troy.webm (1440x1080, 1.07M)

Attached: Deanna-2-0efaf5c104[1].webm (1440x1080, 1.94M)

She reminds me of Pam Grier in looks

Attached: Deanna-2-0efaf5c105[1].webm (1440x1080, 1.71M)

HIPPA, as it pertains to mental health professionals, also prohibits them from announcing who their patients are, because unlike the PCP, you only see mental health professionals when there is a problem. Announcing this person was your patient is essentially telling people that person has some sort of mental illness.

I thought Star Trek had the technology to cure all mental illnesses like schizophrenia, gender dysphoria, autism, or homosexuality.

>Announcing this person was your patient is essentially telling people that person has some sort of mental illness
with tam elbrum, you can tell that just by looking at him

what narrative purpose does this shot serve

how is homosexuality a mental disorder

Doesn't matter. Still can't break confidentiality. Everybody is protected by HIPPA.

Tam Elbrun was supposed to be played by Martin Short.
Kevas Fajo was supposed to be played by Robin Williams.

yes user boobs exist.

Attached: 1589430256334.png (643x477, 370.63K)

Can you answer the question without deflecting?

Troi works on behalf of starfleet, afaik she only reveals it to other senior members of starfleet. If she told Picard she was treating someone they are not violating it. It's like if doctor A discusses a patient with doctor B to help treat them, there is no violation.