I used to like this episode when I was a kid

I used to like this episode when I was a kid.
Has there ever been a bigger "fuck you" to fans?

Attached: Simpsons 138th spectacular.png (1432x1080, 1.14M)

Their fuck yous to fans seem a lot more heartfelt these days.

Still better than any episode made in the last 15+ years

Idunno, threadrel is extremely bad, spiteful even.

I'll ask : how was it a "fuck you" to fans?

I mean it's no worse than any other clip show but it feels especially coarse given its sarcastic tone. Full of incorrect trivia and jabs at fictional "fan" questions.
You could argue that it's so blatantly bad it's actually less disrespectful than if they had done a similar such special on an actual anniversary number episode, but still

A lot of the jokes seem to be making fun of the show itself more than the fans

This. OP is a stupid faggot as usual

Do you write for the simpsons or something?
Yeah I guess it's "self-referential" enough but still it's lazy crap... they've had other clip shows sure but this one feels contemptuous, unlike the others.

A fuck you to the autistic fans and a celebration for actual fans

>le "we're in on the joke! it's intentionally bad lol!" fans
Smells like cope

>contemptuous
The studio made them do clips shows they didn't want to do and made one actually funny and enjoyable to watch. They have contempt for the studio not the audience, honestly are you retarded or something?

>enjoyable to watch
Dunno about that
>you're retarded if you don't know inside info
You seem angry

it's a great episode and you're retarded man, you can't even seem to the difference understand between basic emotions like "angry" and "confusion". I still don't understand the problem you have with the only good clip show they did

No, not yet. That was like episode 300

You're mistaking my ignorance with actually being stupid, and you're obtuse to think a majority of audiences wouldn't be similar ignorant. Not everybody is an autist with behind the scenes info like the posters here.

Like I said, I enjoyed the episode as a kid but rewatching as an adult it's an easy skip. Behind the Laughter is a much better realization of the idea.

Threadrel is bad like all of their other clipshows, even if 10% more creative.

No you're a retard for watching the episode thinking they have contempt for the audience, like you obviously have grown to not understand emotion and social ques like some kind of autistic adult

I watched this episode all the time on dvd

>simpsons writers have absolutely zero contempt for their audience
>literally none, whatsoever
No, okay. You're fucking retarded yourself man lmao. They've taken jabs at autist fans plenty of times. You too badly want me to be wrong. Seethe, cope, etc

the frank grimes episode was a more direct attack on fans

>has there ever been a bigger "fuck you" to fans?
Arman Tanzarian says hi. Bill and josh wanted to try something new, 22 short films was a good episode of "new", but skinner isnt skinner isnt a good example.

What post did you read? What are you quoting?

I liked it when they said they were from Kentucky.

Just participate in the thread or leave you're being an ass

When it aired there wasn't DVD sales or Disney+, so only retarded fans would have felt cheated by something they were getting syndicated on network television for free.

Fair point. I wouldn't say I feel "cheated" it just sticks out as a lackluster episode and one with a bit of a sarcastic bite to it. If they were simply sticking it to the studios good on them I suppose. For better or worse, animated programs are easier to produce these days which has eliminated the necessity for episodes such as these, which I'd say everyone benefits from.

The Simpsons 138th spectacular is absolutely a product of its time but I'm not going to say it's "good" on that basis alone.

You got BTFO. Go to bed.