Clint Eastwood is CANCELLED

Clint Eastwood’s ‘Gran Torino’ Co-Star Says Film ‘Mainstreamed Anti-Asian Racism’ in America
>“Back in 2008 I starred opposite Clint Eastwood in ‘Gran Torino’ playing the lead Hmong role in a tale of two people transcending their differences to form an unlikely human bond,” Vang writes in an essay published by NBC News. “It was a historic cinematic moment for Hmong people around the world, despite its copious anti-Asian slurs.”
>Vang continues, “At the time, there was a lot of discussion about whether the movie’s slurs were insensitive and gratuitous or simply ‘harmless jokes.’ I found it unnerving, the laughter that the slurs elicited in theaters with predominantly white audiences. And it was always white people who would say, ‘Can’t you take a joke?’ Today, I shudder at the thought of what that meant. More than a decade later, the anti-Asian racism that was once disguised as good-natured humor has been revealed for what it is, thanks to Covid-19.”
>“[The film] may have elided the crisis in Asia that birthed our diaspora and many others across the Pacific. But more concerning was the way the film mainstreamed anti-Asian racism, even as it increased Asian American representation. The laughter weaponized against us has beaten us into silent submission.”
>“To this day, I am still haunted by the mirth of white audiences, the uproarious laughter when Eastwood’s curmudgeonly racist character, Walt Kowalski, growled a slur. ‘Gook.’ ‘Slope head.’ ‘Eggroll.’ It’s a ‘harmless joke,’ right? Until it’s not just a joke, but rather one more excuse for ignoring white supremacy and racism,” the essay reads. “For Asian Americans, this is the time to demand recognition, not to recoil into a cocoon of model-minority pusillanimity. Showing ‘our American-ness’ was never enough. This is a deceit of multiculturalism.”

Attached: 1620388250958.png (1124x1355, 1.45M)

Did whoever write this not see the end of the film? The entire point was that Clint's character eventually overcame his prejudice to the point where he was willing to die for his Asian teenage neighbor

>muh asians
But i don't hate Japs, i only hate chinks

Attached: 4BE12A7D-F5BE-49C6-9697-93B24E011B46.jpg (1080x1440, 235.26K)

>Showing ‘our American-ness’ was never enough. This is a deceit of multiculturalism.”
All multiculturalism is doomed to implode into ethnic war. Diversity is empire. Empires implode into ethnic conflict. The nations will be free. Babel will come down.

Attached: 12040469_img-e8285.jpg (720x548, 75.44K)

Even if humanity all had one language / skin color we'd still find excuses to kill one another

Why did it take Asians 14 years to realize it was racist? I thought they were smart.

We already have some "good" excuses like political parties

This is why I feel absolutely nothing when i see another video of a gaggle of niggers stomping a chink to pulp on the ground.

Attached: download.jpg (235x215, 8.12K)

Attached: 1632219189007jl.jpg (962x1560, 693.66K)

>Film ‘Mainstreamed Anti-Asian Racism’ in America
they put japanese people into camps

>Article is from February 2021
>Eastwood releases new movie September 2021
Not cancelled.

Yeah and the shitload of mob movies made everyone think my greasy wop ass is a apart of the mafia
Who the fuck writes these articles?

Based

Clint's character was never racist in the movie despite using racial slurs.

Attached: 1615777086353.jpg (946x1024, 106.35K)

Who cares what this zipperhead thinks?

It would be alot less shit. Tons of studies and history show that we are more likely to share if we live around people that look and sound like us.

Hmong Us

This is why you never give third worlders a chance, they will always bite the hand the feeds them. Imagine the utopia we could have built if our forefathers had known what america would come to.

White people have to much empathy.

For the record, Gran Torino has had this controversial aspect to it since about a year or two after it came out, but the controversy was small because the Hmong community is small and even it had it’s share of division. Namely, there was an anger over the portrayal of gangs as “da good guys and da bad guys” instead of it’s own complex social issue. Doua Moua, who played Snake, defended the movie because he felt that Snake reflected a lot of how heinous the gangs who terrorized his neighborhood when he was young could get.
Ahney Her hasn’t really commented either way.
As for Bee Vang, He is right that the scene he seems to take most issue with, the barber shop scene, is played for laughs. Yet part of that scene is also just to demonstrate how stupid macho culture can get at times. I could definitely see how watching himself be berated by racial slurs would irk him like that though.
I think the weird part about Vang’s criticisms the movie are of his own “effeminate Asian” character is Thao was submissive because he was intimidated into being so for years. The idea is that the sense of masculinity he gains by the end of the movie both comes from his interactions with Walt and is a far healthier sense of masculinity than Walt had.
One of the best scenes of the movie involves Thao telling Walt to cut the macho shit and let him help him because Walt is literally coughing up blood into a rag but is acting like he’s fine

I chuckled out loud. This is a stupid joke, and you're a bastard for making me laugh at it.

He's wrong, and he's an asshole for stabbing Clint in the back. He's a nobody that Clint was nice enough to cast in his film, and was by far the worst part of it.

japs are direct descendants of chinks retard

The little cunt cried about like a decade ago as well.

Zipperhead

based frogposter

Eggroll?

go back to asia if you dont like america. why should we like them? remember pearl harbor

Attached: america668.jpg (960x960, 140.4K)

>blacks attack chinks
>its da whitey fault
fuck chinks and gooks, they're ugly they smell like feces their "men" all look like women

Eggrolls are delicious, I would take it as a compliment. Like when someone calls me a burger I am proud that my food is so popular its known the world over.

Honestly I saw the movie when it came out and didn't really get it.
I thought these hmong people were just slow or something, as in disabled, and that's why Clint picked them instead of chinese or japanese or korean or vietnamese or whatever.
Ever their name sounds a bit funny.

I also remembered their acting being really bad and I wasn't sure if it was meant to convey they're slow or just bad at acting in general.

Either way this guy like 15 years later starts talking shit? How brave of him.

It's kind of like calling someone a "whole snack" really. I'm going to start calling all my asian friends eggroll, especially the cute ones.