Amerimutts are so fucking dumb that this movie was critically panned because they thought it's glorifying militarism...

Amerimutts are so fucking dumb that this movie was critically panned because they thought it's glorifying militarism and violence.

Attached: starship-troopers-h-2016_5yvv.jpg (1296x730, 201.42K)

starship troopers was a hit at the box office.

enough that they made a show, and many sequels

that's a myth. no one thought that except for really really dumb people and and critics who had their heads too far up their ass to actually watch it. I was fucking 12 when I was first watched it and I understood it was tongue in cheek.

They were crappy sequels that nobody remembers though.

the movie does suck though, same as robocop

>america is one of the most militaristic countries in history
>almost all tv and videogames are violent
I'm an american and I don't understand inherently whats wrong with showing pride in your country or wanting to fight for it. Although modern america is evil, no doubt and imperialistic. But are you saying you wouldn;t fight agaisnt bugs who want to kill you?

it's heavily implied that the war in the movie is started by the federation after they purposefully let a bunch of mormon extremists colonize a bug planet know it will get the bugs to start tossing asteroids.

Asteroid was likely a false flag - it kinda doesn't make sense for bugs to know where humans came from and launch a precise strike.

Eat my balls, Robokino is timeless

am I like the only person who thinks the movie is terrific as satire and also that it's really cool at face value?

but amerimutts love gloryfing militarism and violence. Well, amerimutt militarism and violence.
Every other militarism and violence is LE BAD

You are the absolute stupidest posters on this website.

Americans love violence though

>it's heavily implied that the war in the movie is started by the federation after they purposefully let a bunch of mormon extremists colonize a bug planet know it will get the bugs to start tossing asteroids.
I don't remember this from the book

that's because it's not in the book. the movie is basically a parody of the book.

What's wrong with militarism and violence?

Attached: De_Spaanse_Furie,_anoniem,_ca_1585,_MAS.jpg (1200x991, 435.46K)

sweet bait thread bro

Verhoeven is such a faggot hack

Does this movie still hold up for someone today who has never seen it? It looks kind of cheesey and stupid.

It made 120mil on a 100mil budget. It was a home video success hence the low budget sequels.

>Asteroid was likely a false flag
Stop. Verhoeven himself says it isn't. And it really doesn't need to be for the movie's message to work.

No

its great

No. It's a satire of various aspects of American society that's only loosely based on the book. It's not a parody.

its great, watch it immediately

>Verhoeven himself says it isn't.
He's afraid of Jews.

nothing apparently, when white people do it.
When it gets done to white people though, boy do the rightoids start seething

Attached: Opindia-17.jpg (700x400, 35.93K)

There's definitely some cheesy and stupid stuff in there but it's very much on purpose.

He's Jewish.

it has a scene where Mr. Krabs tells Gary Busey's son to hold his hand up to a wall and then he throws a knife at it and skewers it. go watch it, it's great.

I feel like this movie's effects hold up really well. the scenes with miniatures are incredible.