New Top Gun trailer. Movie comes out May 27

trailer makes it look like its gonna be shit
youtu.be/giXco2jaZ_4

Attached: mav.jpg (1800x1200, 472.25K)

also meant to point out how stupid it is that Jon Hamm's character says "aka Iceman" as if Maverick needed to be reminded of the dude's callsign

I love jets and warships, so I'm sure I'll enjoy it for that stuff. But yeah, the story really does not look good. Looks like it's leaning way too hard into being a soulless 'member fest.

There's an AMC in Times Square which shows a lot of foreign blockbusters, it can be fun to see the chest thumping flag waving militaristic propaganda movies from other countries, and see how they differ from ours. A few years ago they showed this Pakistani airforce movie about a woman who is dating a pilot who dies after his plane is shot down by terrorists, and she decides to honor his memory by joining the air force academy and becoming a pilot herself. I was really surprised by how good it was, definitely recommend it if you can find it anywhere. Unfortunately my hopes are pretty low that Top Gun 2 will be anywhere near as good.

Attached: paki.jpg (606x864, 204.74K)

>Jennifer Connelly's character is Penny Benjamin
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Same. I used to make airfix model kits of these jets. what are some jet kinos other than Top Gun?
I've seen Firefox with Clint Eastwood but it sucked. Are Iron Eagle movies worth time?

Disagree, trailer actually looks pretty decent. Guess the budget couldn't afford F35's, F18s look ancient. Also don't like the weird alien craft.

I hope they kill a lot of Russians in the movie

no jets, but twelve o'clock high is the best movie about air warfare imo. There's some really cool air action scenes in Unbroken as well, I really like that movie.

Honestly, I've found the most kino stuff to be just watching cruise videos made by actual naval aviators and uploaded to youtube.

Are they going to shoot down russians or chinks in this one?

Fun fact: Tom Cruise actually flew the jet in this movie and didn't use a stuntman

>joining the air force academy and becoming a pilot herself
Uhh can/do women from there actually become fighter pilots irl?

Im wildly guessing neither

>gonna be shit

but with more fiber, as we are all older and can appreciate a comfortable BM

He looks like Bobby from the Sopranos.

This is the bait. If you look closely, the plane isn't an F-18.

Attached: image_2022-03-29_193701.png (1454x721, 608.67K)

>Admiral Kazansky
>AKA Ice Man
Do Navy Admirals really go by their former aircraft call names?

Neither. The antagonists are an isolated band of Trump supporters who have acquired fighter jets.

test

looks....gud

>You were recommended by this digitally altered picture of Val Kilmer, AKA Ice Man, the rival pilot from the first Top Gun movie
I hope the rest of this movie has kino dialogue like this

apparently so, a big part of the film was about her having to prove that she was tough enough to do the job, and she hid her reason for joining from everyone else so they wouldn't have any sympathy or treat her special.

>Felons in active service with the VKS
wow this hasn't aged well.

kek. Sequel or remake?

Scientology propaganda