138 million dollar budget

>138 million dollar budget
>no A list actors
>180 million dollars at box office so it didn’t make a profit

Attached: 1009E78C-7735-40D8-BAB8-59808779E9E3.jpg (864x1280, 202.44K)

How did Snyder get this made in retrospect?

million dollar budget
million dollars at box office
>it didn’t make a profit
???????????

You need at least double your budget to break even due to how much money cinemas take out of tickets bought plus the marketing budget

Nolans Batman films were at its peak popularity and DC probably wanted more moody superhero movies.

he made 300

>It's 2025. I'm entering my house, drunk. Four minutes from now, I catch Chris Rock fucking my wife in our bedroom.
>It's 2017. My wife is confessing me she fucked one of our son's friends. She's crying and telling me it's my fault. For a second, I think about killing myself right there.
>It's 2022, I'm slapping Chris Rock in the face because she made fun of my wife's balding head. She looks disgusting, and for a second I imagine it's her I'm slapping.
>Three minutes.
>It's 2013, my daughter just wrote a letter to my wife's ex-lover telling him she wants him to be her dad instead of me. I cry in the bathroom all night.
>It's 2020. My son dyed his hair pink. Looks like my old friend from the hood Tommy that dyed his hair red, went full tranny and died of AIDS, screaming in pain and agony. I hope Jaden dies like that, sometimes. I wonder again, like I've been doing since his birth, if it's too late for me to go for cigars like my dad did.
>Two minutes.
>It's 2016, my wife is fucking another man in our room. Tomorrow, she will blame me for it.
>It's 2014. My son Jaden is presenting his new best friend Augustus to me and his mom. As I shake hands with this young boy, I know two years from now he will be using them to grab my wife's ass as he fucks her.
>One minute.
>It's 1990, I just starred in show called Prince of Bel-Air. It's getting some great rating and praise. I'm a big star now. For the first time in my life, I think things will get better.
>It's 2025. I'm beating Chris Rock to dead.

Attached: 1648578703541.png (251x267, 61.45K)

Serves him right for butchering the ending. The HBO Watchmen series was a way better adaptation of the story and it was essentially a sequel.
Coasting off the success of 300/Dawn of the Dead. However it was around this time people realized how much of a hack he was who was only getting carried by the source material he was using.

reddit

HBO watchmen was retarded. Snyder watchmen at least made some sense even with the ending

It made that much solely because the trailer premiered before The Dark Knight. The greatest marketing strategy ever, I had no idea who these faggots were but the trailer was so good it made me want to see the movie. They don't make those types of trailer anymore

Different time when 138 mili was nothing, cause there was 10 different projects on the line that would get billions of dollars. 2009 was peak time when people threw their money away on shit.
But he litereally made best capeshit kino of 21st century to this day

Attached: xLw9OO9.gif (500x190, 996K)

They were catching the "adapt Alan Moore stories" wave and Zack was fresh off successfully adapting another comic.

Attached: 22.gif (500x190, 998.79K)

No, it didn’t. Not with his shit ending. Snyder missed the point and doesn’t know how to set up a mystery well cinematically because he doesn’t have any talent. The Watchmen series was lightyears ahead in terms of understanding the narrative and themes of Watchmen. And you’re a brainlet if you didn’t understand it. Then again you’re probably a seething anglogermcuck as well.

>posting tumblr gifs in the age of webms

Attached: Who Watches The Foreheads.jpg (127x168, 13.04K)

not him but webms are shit and gifs are way more soul

gifs will never die, redditfag

>age of WEBMs
being this new

Attached: pepe-laugh.gif (498x474, 406.55K)

Is argue Patrick Wilson is A-list. Maybe not at the time

was a shit movie simple as

Adapt to the new times or be left by the tumblr wayside.

Isn't marketing part of the overall budget? This whole thing sounds like Jewish fuckery to avoid taxes.

>The Watchmen series was lightyears ahead in terms of understanding the narrative and themes of Watchmen
What narratives and themes? Whitey bad? Muh KKK? Rorschach fanboys are scare me save me please?