How are you supposed to build an empire, manage a state...

How are you supposed to build an empire, manage a state, or even manage a normal life following Christian tenants of turning the other cheek and not imposing commands on others?

Attached: 392.jpg (400x300, 28.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_war_theory#Christian_views
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>turning the cheek
>what are crusaders that massively slaughtered people

>what are crusaders that massively slaughtered people
How are they following the bible though?
I said if you 100% followed the new testament how could you?

Bible has everything for anyone just pick what you like
The problem is that at some point someone else will pick something opposite

the new testament said to treat your neighbor as yourself and to love the foreigner.

What I find funny is islamaphobes arguments against Islam is that it's violent and so they respond with violence in their words towards Islam lol when jesus said violence in the words is the same as murder.

A just war is generally understood as permissible as long as certain conditions are met regarding a just cause and a lawful government.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_war_theory#Christian_views

Attached: Philip_II's_realms_in_1598.png (2560x1303, 379.97K)

I dont really see the problem
Islam also teaches against violence but also for violence same in christianity

>A just war is generally understood as permissible as long as certain conditions are met regarding a just cause and a lawful government.
That is not found in the bible. The commandments of Jesus in individuals make war impossible.

Crusaders were started to protect travelers and pilgrims.

defending yourself is impossible in Jesus's commands it is preferable to martyr than to murder.

Not only are you objectively wrong and have clearly never even read any Bible, but the Holy Bible is just a liturgical document. It is only a part of the Holy Tradition.

You aren't.

Jesus didn’t give commands. You don’t know what you’re talking about. This is like 12 year old tier line of questioning you’re on right now.

Love One Another

John 13:34-35 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

How can you make war if you love one another?

Matthew 5:44-45 “Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.”

Making war and conflict increasingly more difficult while following the commands of the Jesus God.

Love means you are totally emotionally connected with one another and totally for their interest.

I love my religion so much I am willing to kill and defend it, there ya go easy

that is not love, you are meant to love the enemy and other people as you love Jesus same emotional connection, killing someone else is like killing jesus.

Jesus called his disciples to embody Christian love. That does not mean war is never justified. What is confusing about this?

>Jesus called his disciples to embody Christian love.
Jesus commanded people to obey his word which he said was to love other people as you love Jesus and to and to pray for our enemies and those who persecute us (Matt 5:44-45).

Ex. 15:3 – “The Lord is a man of war, the Lord is his name.”

Luke 19:27 – "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.”

And he said when someone hits you on one cheek you are to turn the other and he rebuked someone who took up the sword to defend himself saying that he who takes up the sword dies by the sword.

Correct. What is not clear?

Correct. Christ calls all people, but especially Christians, and especially the Apostles to embody Christian virtue. That does not mean that things such as war are never justified. I really don’t understand what is so confusing about this.

This comment will go unaddressed.

You can not kill people who you love as you love Jesus which is meant to be ultimate love you can't kill.
Did Jesus ever command war or violence or murder?

Lol nigga that shit is a guide not a lawset. Do what you will

The Bible is not an instruction manual or criminal code where each verse is a literal order or rule. Only schizo sects read it like that because they're the only ones retarded enough to overlook the millions of contradictions that occur when you remove two passages from the context. Just do it like this:

> Read a passage.
> Look at the context of a situation/paragraph.
> Look at the context of the overall Book/Letter/Gospel
> Ask yourself "does this interpretation match the overall message of the Book/Letter/Gospel?"

The turn the other cheek passage to me seems like "don't repay evil with evil." Don't seek retributive justice i.e. an eye for an eye. It wasn't saying you can't use violence to defend yourself or to defend others, because that interpretation doesn't match the rest of the Bible. However the don't repay evil with evil part is a central theme in the New Testament, it comes up many times. It's not something that only occurs once.

>doesn't match the rest of the Bible
The new testament or the old as well?