How did the writing quality plummet so horribly? The first two movies were hilarious...

How did the writing quality plummet so horribly? The first two movies were hilarious, but anytime this movie starts to get close to being funny (usually by mimicking running gags of the franchise, like the awkwardly long evil laugh), they've got to introduce some tumblr-tier subversion that sucks all of the humor out of the scene.

In a lot of ways, it feels a lot like a post-2013 reboot.

Attached: p30078_p_v8_aj.jpg (960x1440, 254.22K)

the third is the best

Do you think beyonce is still pissed she was duped into being in this movie lol

Dunno, it fucking sucks though and I pretend it never happened.

Beyoncé sucked so bad in this movie. I hate when celebrities that can’t act do comedy.

The third one was good.

Because it already became tired by the second one. They just reused the same jokes in the second, and then did it AGAIN in the third.

They had already spoofed James Bond so hard that the actual franchise became a non-entity, there's only so many jokes you could make at that point. Yeah it recycles jokes but at least it has the courage to make the subversions extremely weird as opposed to The Spy Who Shagged Me (which also recycles jokes but does it in a very safe way).

Watching Goldmember with my dad (who had never seen any Austin Powers movies before and was therefore totally confused by the vast majority of jokes which require you to recognise that they're a throwback/subversion of something in a previous movie) was one of the most uncomfortable experiences of my life.

>All these unfuckable nerds in this thread
The movie is fine. Yes, it's not the best one of the trilogy but it's fine.
You people actively make up stuff to hate to sound refined, lol

That doesn't describe the problem at all. The jokes in the third movie are nonsensical, don't parody anything, and are therefor not funny.

Who would laugh at someone's dad not showing up to an award ceremony unless they really hated them and were looking for excuses to laugh? It's a key point of Austin Power's character that everybody loves him. He's the party guy.
Dr. Evil's incompetence is a spoof on Saturday morning cartoon villains, and it's further spoofed by his insistence on being incompetent. It doesn't make any sense to transfer that incompetence to the governments, who've been shown to be of middling intelligence and competency up to that point (apart from a couple of jokes about extreme measures that are quickly shot down).

That's just a couple of examples of how the jokes in the third movie fall flat.

Stop posting here Mike Myers

Attached: primordial_scream.jpg (1440x1571, 318.37K)

No.

ap4 when

>MY PARODY/COMEDY MOVIE SOMETIMES HAS BREAKS IN LOGIC
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Grow up cunt.

They already put Austin Powers in the Space Jam reboot, so you can bet WB is testing the waters

Lol, i guess you haven't watched the French dub (which is insanely hilarious, seriously, if you know the language, go check it)

i remember seeing that version with my mum, we had the time of our lives (with the other three movies)

this 100%, all the insufferable cherry-picking nerds ITT should be publicly castrated.

Goldmember might not have been that good, but it still had its moments (all the scenes with Mini-Me, the intro, the cockney scene, the bizarre absurdist Jay Z parody, etc...)

>but it still had its moments
the medical check up scene had me and my friends absolutely dying

typo
>(with the other TWO movies)

2001 writer's strike

oh no i you just made me remember being stuck in a theatre awkwardly enduring that with other people

>awkwardly enduring
You must be very boring to be around.
>with other people
Not friends?

This nigga went to see a comedy by himself, hahahaahaha you fucking faggot.
I'm telling Robert you violated the no singles policy.

Huh? I loved it.

Beyonce honestly ruined the film. She can't act and she isn't funny.

I actually can't say it's not funny because maybe if I watched it now, it would be hilarious, sometimes you just start liking really broad humor again. But certainly at the delicate teen-age of starting to be self-conscious, it was awkward and not fun to watch that

Humor does have to follow a logical stream, even if they twist it.

Characters have to stay roughly in-character, even if there's some fourth wall breaking; it should be funny to watch the characters be themselves. Watching hollow shells do things because the script demands it isn't funny.
Rather than situational humor being "here's something that happened, now laugh because we said so", they should yell the silent part of a conversation or beat you over the head with the absurdity of what's going on.
Settings should be fairly consistent, apart from throwaway jokes that don't have any deeper implications on the setting. Could you imagine if South Park just decided that Satan was in charge of Heaven, no build up, no explanation?

oh god please kill yourself you stuck up cunt

oh god please direct your energy into something more worthwhile you well spoken cunt

weird, the first movie is boring as fuck while two and three are great.

thanks for the pasta buddy

Attached: png-transparent-pepe-the-frog-cacio-e-pepe-spaghetti-pasta-ravioli-meme-pepe-the-frog-cacio-e-pepe-spaghetti.png (920x448, 30.96K)