Guys, Dune won 6 Oscars. Why is no one talking about that?

Guys, Dune won 6 Oscars. Why is no one talking about that?

Attached: file.png (1000x1483, 1.43M)

Negro incident overshadowed everything

reddit faggot shit. go back.

Attached: fsdafeasdf.png (1012x1500, 2.37M)

Forced winner. Dune franchise sucks and always did. It’s Lovecraft tier.

Damn those are some ugly people

Literally why would we know anything that happens at oscars

Lovecraft is god tier though.

Sorry wrong poster art here’s the real one

Attached: 93493837-5C50-4EDA-87E4-52D2690ED1F8.jpg (768x960, 95.71K)

I expect after Part II it will win best picture.

I wonder how Nolan feels being easily surpassed by Denis.

lmao dumb anglocuck

You think more about Nolan more then he does if you user.

They kept on making the mistake of thinking it's LOTR

forgot this was even a film lol

Based

I thought Dune was supposed to be some thought provoking Sci-fi but it felt like proto Wandshit/Shonenshit to me. Whatever you think of stuff like Blade Runner or Ghost in the shell, I always found their philosophizing about the human condition interesting. This feels bland in comparison and focuses on pointless world building that panders to nerds who autistically write wikia articles on fictional lore.

Didn't watch it.
Reddit Villeneuve.

I agree. Also its more like they took the 1984 version of the film and removed all the interesting parts than made their own adaptation.

Because it's half a film and should have gotten zero wins out of spite because of that. If you can't adapt a single novel into one film and do the novel justice, then it's not for the medium. And that's fine, there's nothing wrong with that. But releasing one movie into two parts as a blatant cash grab is frankly bullshit. It wasn't even produced as a whole, both parts weren't shot or created simultaneously. It's not like Kill Bill, where the studio released it in halves because they were nervous about audience turnout over a 4 and a half hour martial arts film. Dune Part ll hadn't even been WRITTEN by the time the first came out! The studio was fully prepared to not finish the story if the first one flopped. It's truly two films being pitched as one, despite the first film not having a finished arc or being unable to stand alone. It's infuritating

I agreed with you until you propped up bladerunner and ghost in the shell as somehow any different.

Also, idiots eat it up by being like "well, ACTUALLY, it's because it's so dense and difficult to adapt." Then just make it a three and a half hour epic event ala Lawrence Of Arabia. Guaranteed it would be way more memorable. Or they could have adapted the books into a television series to help generate HBOMax subs, and I'm sure it would have been just as great, got press as being the most expensive TV show of all time, etc.

spbp