Sweden laundry

do swedes in flats really dont have laundry machines and instead they have to wash it in the communal laundry room???

Attached: WhatsApp-Image-2022-02-23-at-6.10.42-AM-1-1.jpg (1024x768, 121.22K)

Some do and it's fine. Its kinda neat if you dont have space or can afford dryer and washing machine.

finland has this too

>do swedes in flats really dont have laundry machines and instead they have to wash it in the communal laundry room???
i do in this apartment and I did in the last one I lived in as well
there are apartments with their own laundry machines but I think it's fairly rare
haven't looked up any stats or anything like that though

>use free communal laundry room
OR
>buy expensive washing machine and dryer
Also, some apartments don't even have the piping for a washing machine anyway

But I though everyone in sweden was rich..

I have a laundry room in my apartment.

Attached: IMG_20220417_185122.jpg (3353x3726, 1.3M)

why would you think that

pretty common here in low-rent places

so scary...

I've had laundry machines in every apartment I have lived in. Pic related is where I live now.

Attached: IMG_20220603_144038.jpg (1793x2571, 1.63M)

you have both, you can either use laundry room or have your own washing machine.

>dryer
i thought only americans used these
i have never even seen one irl and i don't see the point when there's plenty of wind/sun

Flats don't come with washing machines. You are free to buy one if you want. Personally I prefer using the communal laundry room since it has two machines so I can wash more clothes at once. There are also two large drying rooms and a dryer and also a laundry press. I also don't have to listen to the noise the machine would make in my apartment, I don't have to clean it and don't have to maintain it or buy a new one if it breaks and haul the old one away.

>i don't see the point when there's plenty of wind/sun
Hmm
>hang clothes outside
>7 months of the year they just freeze into solid ice in the darkness
Not very effective.

They don't freeze.

then just let them dry inside over night

They literally do. Has happened to me several times when I've left them outside for more than 30 minutes on the porch.

Attached: 20186158_web1_clothes-freeze.jpg (1500x1015, 233.21K)

Used to do that when I was a student.
But a dryer is like €180 and you can have warm, dry clothes in 10 minutes.
It's worth every cent.

In poor places in the UK it was common until about 10 years ago for people to use commercial laundrettes

you might find the same here. old commie blocks was buildt before laundry machines became common. they also have this weird ownership system and rules where if you wanted to make provisions for one you had to apply to the owners board and they are always ruled by boomers afraid of anything hing new and god forbid any hint of noise...
so common laundry rooms in the basements.
swapping out regular washer for a combined one is the best thing i ever done.
>start program when i leave for work
>have clean, dry clothes when i come home

Then you're doing something wrong.