DJT - Daily Japanese Thread #2897

DJT is a language learning thread for those studying the Japanese language.
Japanese speakers learning English are welcome, too.

Read the guide linked below before asking how to learn Japanese:
itazuraneko.neocities.org/

Archive of older threads: desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/Daily Japanese Thread/

Translation requests, insults, politics, reddit posts, lust, learning method / eceleb discussions: Previous Thread:

Attached: 79361870_p0.png (1024x577, 528.38K)

>DeadJT

Attached: あずまんが大王 第3巻 – 046.jpg (428x317, 36.02K)

「対魔婦」完成でALIVEJTになる

ユキカゼちゃんすこすこ

Can you help me with 9th question? I think it's この友達/その人 but I am not sure

Attached: IMG_20220603_164025.jpg (1080x240, 62.41K)

The question is too bad, blame the people who made this ambiguous question.

I'm , I posted it for bump instantly.

この/この fits for the case where you are showing some pictures of the friend. この/その can be used in this case.
その/その fits for the case where you mentioned the name of the friend before, and asked why you know him, and you are explaining it.

Therefore, その/この is wrong in any case, but others can be used and the most appropriate answer depends on the situation.

When it comes to this question, I'm thinking about which one is correct, lol.

この友達 sounds like you're pointing your finger at the friend in the picture and saying "this friend is the person who gets my Japanese thesis checked."
It also sounds like the friend is in front of you and you're saying, "this person is the person who gets my Japanese thesis checked"

On the other hand, その友達 sounds like the friend was already mentioned in the context and you're saying "that friend is the person who gets my Japanese thesis checked"

その友達 can also be used when you've already met the friend or you already know of them.
Sorry for the poorly written explanation in English, but what I want to say is that it's too ambiguous to answer as the different Japanese user already responded to you.

Attached: 1646276965146.jpg (2039x1378, 255.67K)

Sorry for the late reply and thanks a lot for the answers, both anons.

Attached: yuruyuri-akarin-smile.png (696x720, 233.75K)

Are these questions written by foreigners?

Is it not simply about specifying association? その being a way to explicitly state that it's the other person's friend, even though it's already implied.
E.g. その友達 -> ”それ”(相手)の友達

庭樹新陰葉未成
玉階人靜一蟬聲
相風不動烏龍睡
時有嬌鶯自喚名

庭樹の新陰に葉は未だ成らず
玉階に人静けくして、一つの蝉声す
相風は動かず、烏龍睡りて
時に嬌鴬の自ら名を喚ぶ有り

注釈:
相風:風見鶏。相は計らう、様子を見る意。
烏龍:犬。

>紅葉合わせ
heh,

Attached: 81674777_p0.jpg (1392x2031, 1.11M)

i keep mistaking 鏡 for 鐘 orz

>他人にしてもらいたいと思うように他人にもしない
What にもしない? I understand this sentence to mean "Do to others what you want done to you" but I don't know what it's negative.

It's supposed to be しなさい

怒気怒気

Attached: 1642148048812.png (1280x720, 738.42K)

That's a relief, this minor mistake was making me doubt everything I'd learned up to this point.

Another question.
>明子は机の後ろにまわり、コンピュータの電源を入れた
Is this まわり here 回り or 周り, or do the two mean the same thing and there's no distinction worth learning?

b-brown g-girls... must... have... s-sex...