Why is waltzing matilda australia's national song?

why is waltzing matilda australia's national song?

Attached: 1638130901903.png (908x816, 701.69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
youtube.com/watch?v=qfmHPF5qoV0
youtube.com/watch?v=Y2CYnHn-Uek
youtube.com/watch?v=FqtttbbYfSM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Alt-J is Hungarian b.

because i like it

Let me sing you the song of my people

Attached: 1517104999236.png (604x440, 20.1K)

youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s

forgot link

why would Australians feel an emotional kinship with a homeless bum that steals livestock and drowns himself out of tard rage? yeah i wonder. He represents the highest aspirations of the Australian nations. Emotionally fragile, sunburnt petty criminals, the lot of 'em.

Attached: ausperg.jpg (890x803, 266.3K)

Attached: Happy Canadian.gif (209x180, 1.18M)

Is Wake In Fright an accurate depiction of life in Australia?

because it's a song about Aussies spitting in the face of authority and pissing off the brits

Our national identity is built on three things
>convicts
>war
>harsh land
Australia was a country we had to work hard to build while the poms sat back and treated us like shit. That's what Waltzing Matilda is about, pissing off the squatters and defying their authority in a cheeky way
You know Land Down Under is about the cheapening of Australian identity for the entertainment of yanks and euros? You're probably an immigrant therefore not Aussie

This is real Aussie shit
youtube.com/watch?v=qfmHPF5qoV0
youtube.com/watch?v=Y2CYnHn-Uek

Nah just not some bogan meth head

If you live in a major East Coast city you aren't really Australian, especially if you're from Melbourne

But yeah mate, go off about how Aussie you are by acting like a yank bootlicker.

Nah I live in a small town. You're still just some cooked cunt though.

>convicts
>war
>harsh land

Might want to find out what a countries creation myth is mate. Yeah my Great Grandfather served in WW1 doesn't mean I want to start drinking the kool aid about how getting shot to shit because the british were a pack of useless cunts was in any way glorious or how it defines my country in a totally unique way in a globalised world.

Attached: 1491342194019.png (500x378, 194.44K)

And before you start what I believe is true Australian culture is the "Jack's as good as his master" mentality

What the fuck cunt? That literally is the national identity. Egalitarianism, contempt for authority, mateship, she'll be right, etc. Everyone knows that it came from those 3 things. Everyone knows the ANZAC spirit.

I was right, you're a fucking pom immigrant and a complete bootlicker

because it's a beautiful song!
youtube.com/watch?v=FqtttbbYfSM

Attached: australian waifu(male).jpg (2048x1426, 287.85K)

And it has defined Australia in a totally unique way because there isn't another country on Earth with a culture like ours. If you actually know anything about Australian history and the history of our people you'd know we're very unique

Australia cute!

Attached: cute cunt.png (500x715, 296.31K)

Waltzing Matilda
Who bloody killed her
Lying on the grass
With a dagger up the arse
With the birds and the bees and the stinky aborigines
Who'll come-a Waltzing Matilda with me?

Attached: 1645228821124.jpg (1200x996, 813.08K)

unbelievably fucking based ozzie man taking a stand against little maple man to defend his unbelievably fucking based culture, in the wild

You will NEVER have an Aussie gf

>Everyone knows the ANZAC spirit.
You're a brainwashed retard mate. A classless society and the idea of being a citizen rather than a serf isn't "the ANZAC spirit" or whatever the fuck day time television has been feeding you. It has more to do with the Unions and our cultural zeitgeist. Its why the recent rise of the political class in Australia and a capitalism based oligarchy is so distasteful to Australians. We need to give the cunts in Canberra a good shake at some point because they're becoming pretty divorced from reality

Yeah legit, that's why we have a special brand of Australia (tm). Our culture has been washed out of us by globalisation. The values that Western civilisation was built on and Enlightenment thinking has almost completely gone down the shitter. Tocquevillian equality of rights of the citizen is what a modern Republic (which we basically are) is based on.

probably not, aussie sheilas are not very common in europe
but I can live with that, plenty of non-Aussie girls around here

Attached: Stefania-Ferrario.jpg (960x1200, 102.28K)

>word spaghetti and buzzwords with no real meaning
>blah blah unions and commie drivel about capitalism and oligarchies
No one takes marxists seriously, fucking hang yourself

Go outside instead of reading your theory books boofhead, or read some history that isn't about communism.
It is undeniable that those three factors created the Australian identity.

Do you even know what the ANZAC spirit is?
>Tocquevillian equality of rights of the citizen is what a modern Republic (which we basically are) is based on.
Nah I don't think you do. Makes no fucking sense when we had the Australian national identity emerge BEFORE FEDERATION

Nah mate. You're no different from a Yank talking about Washington crossing the Delaware or whatever the fuck. What's happening is the commodification of our culture so we can be happy little consumers. Not a Marxist btw although I think universal income is probably the next big step forwards because the traditional rewards structure of our society is breaking down. Why work a dead end job if you can't at least own a house and have kids? The pressure on young Australians is clearly too much because we're bluntly not reproducing and we're shipping in immigrants because no one wants actually work. My perfect world is Star Trek I guess

Attached: Queensland.jpg (551x604, 111.2K)

your most popular patriotic song is about a vagrant degenerate that steals a sheep (presumably to rape it) and then offs himself.

This is not a culture.

This is not a way of life.

That isn't even enough depth to take up a single episode of TV.

Attached: ausfaggot.png (768x719, 455.44K)

You're a fucking marxist with no knowledge of Australian culture. Where are you from really?
Commodification of Australian culture happened in the 70s-80s BECAUSE of the yanks, not Australia, hence Land Down Under being about the cheapening of Australian culture.

But here in Australia, we've retained our national identity, values and culture. It's not about consumerism here, as much as you wish it could be to validate all the time you've wasted reading marxist extremist shit

You're literally Chinese
Don't talk about culture and life
You have neither

Attached: 4655 - angry china chinese country drooling ear flag glasses hair irl_background soyjak variant_chudjak vessels.png (722x680, 425.72K)