AFRO AMERICANCINEMA

what are the best afro american shows and movies ?
i am not familiar with these genre but pic rel is pure kino give me rec

Attached: The boondocks.jpg (1080x1440, 184.11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X4LHDKrUnd8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He Got Game
Malcom X
Don't be a Menace
Friday
Boyz n the Hood
Fences

fuck off reddit boy give me real kino not some normie tier shit

The leprechaun back 2 tha hood

Bebe's Kids
The Cleveland Show
Buck Breaking

>The leprechaun back 2 tha hood
mfw that is an actual movie okay user i 'll give it a try

Attached: leprechaunback2thahood.jpg (1500x844, 149.83K)

Soul Food the movie is good. Don't watch the show.
90s sitcoms were alright, Living Single, Martin, Different World.
I'm Gonna Git You Suckka
Vampire in Brooklyn
Coming to America
Any 'in da hood' movie but really you see one you saw all of them (or just play GTA San Andreas for a good helping of all of them)
Notorious if you wanna learn about BIG and Tupac
Blade
Ghost Dog

Wayans Brothers tv show
Friday
Barbershop
Kings of Comedy

>I'm Gonna Git You Suckka
> Living Single, Martin, Different World.
>Wayans Brothers tv show
>Kings of Comedy
this titles piqued my interest, i had them to my watchlist
do you know some shows or movies similar to 'the boondocks' ? i am european and this is very exotic for me, i am impressed by the level of irony in the show writting and i enjoy the american take an the anime genre

how did they get away whit this?
youtube.com/watch?v=X4LHDKrUnd8

Well one of the running jokes in Boondocks is both to mention and reference John Weatherspoon's career (that's the voice of Granddad). He's actually in a bunch of the movies I mentioned, but Friday is the big one.
You wanna go way back you have stuff like
The Jeffersons
Good Times
What's Happining
Family Matters
Fresh Prince of Bel Air (the Will Smith one, the new one looks woke trash)

Buck Breaking is genuinely hilarious if you want to laugh

these sitcoms seems to have soul and to be comfy to watch desu
>Buck Breaking
i tought that it was a meme and not a real movie

Attached: tom dubois.jpg (640x360, 24.79K)

Older black sitcoms were about rising above the shitty hand that they and their parents were dealt, and how they overcome and are successful. There's a different tone about it, when the stereotypical ghetto character shows up they're portrayed as dumb or negative, while the family or the main characters aim to be professional.
It's sad seeing the absolute reverse happening nowadays. Fresh Prince is actually a good point where these two ideals started colliding, as it's the premise of the show (street kid goes to rich family) we still see the dumb friend of Will's who's all about thuglife, but it also casts Carlton as lame, Hillary as an idiot, and Uncle Phil as a hypocrite and overbearing, while showing Will balancing the two worlds but always coming off as cool for embracing the hiphop shit.
Still a good show though, has a lot of good moments. I just feel like Will never really learns it's the street culture that always brings negative shit into his life.

we have a similar issue in western europe with the immigrant culture in decay and the importation of the american hood/gangsta culture

Even without the black side of things, glorifying a negative subset of a culture is never a good thing. The italians, for example, for everything they do, they're either seen as mafiosos or ignorant food merchants. Largely because that's all the average american is shown.
Our cultures are in sad states, where we somehow divide people while still tearing them down.

>glorifying a negative subset of a culture is never a good thing
very true but it is good for sales, like is sex and violence, it is the nature of mankind, some people benefit from that fact and the victim of this tropes can not defend themselves anyway it is not even a new thing but more prominent today because of our hyper connectivity/globalisation imho

I feel like there was a classiness, or tact about it that we have collectively lost in present day. Nobody wants to watch a movie to have fun anymore and not give a shit what everyone's background is.
One of the most diverse movies of all time was Predator and not once did they feel the need to bring this up. They were all soldiers, and the only guy who got jobbed was Carl Weathers for being an outsider.
But that was the old days.

>tfw we live in a society
i agree with your viewpoint on the matter, and can only hope for better days to come

Attached: 00.jpg (796x422, 127.13K)

>He Got Game
the only good spike lee movie

Attached: 8.jpg (1920x1040, 132.34K)

Is "White Men Can't Jump" Spike Lee?
Also 'Do the Right Thing' isn't bad either, but it's def overrated.

>Is "White Men Can't Jump" Spike Lee?
idk haven't see it, is it any good?
> 'Do the Right Thing'
please no it was painful to watch