Just found out lucuma and cherimoya aren't widely eaten outside of the andean countries...

Just found out lucuma and cherimoya aren't widely eaten outside of the andean countries, WTF do fristies even put in their ice creams?

Attached: lucuma.jpg (1800x1257, 163.61K)

lots of fruits don't travel well, most of the fruits eaten in the first world are selected purely for their durability and longevity

importing such fruits from other countries isn't really doable, that's why you see such a larger variety of fruit in tropical countries

What do these taste like?

Jarabe de chirimoya

>chirimoya
Su producción mayoritaria se extiende a lo largo de los valles del Río Verde, con un 95% de la misma en la provincia de Granada y el resto en Málaga. El cultivo de chirimoya comienza en Andalucía a finales del S. XIX en huertos familiares, pero se extiende rápidamente alcanzando las 3.000 hectáreas en la actualidad.

cherimoya is like vanilla apple cream but 10 times better, and the icecream tastes really god with orange juice, lucuma is nice, but the icecream is simply perfect

What's the texture of cherimoya fruit (and lucuma as well)? Wikipedia describes lucuma as dry which is strange

We eat them here too, but it's true that's not very common. I haven't had fresh cherimoya but lucuma is my childhood favourite. There're even poem and song about lucuma kek.

Imagine a sweet boiled egg yolk (minus the "eggy" smell), that's lucuma

>sweet boiled egg yolk
That's really weird, but I guess it's mainly used as flavouring instead of eaten on its own

I drink lucuma with milk every weekend

>ice cream
You must be older than 9 years old to post here

the only decent ice cream flavour is lemon

I think I once heard about chirimoya but it's probably another fruit or thing.

lucuma tastes like a cross between sweet potato and banana. it's pretty meh

I've always eaten lucuma on its own. But it probably more suited for smoothie since it'd turn slightly bitter if you keep chewing on it.

Attached: 1654199946238.jpg (1456x1031, 777.88K)

I eat chocolate ice cream with chocolate syrup that hardens and chocolate shavings and chocolate brownies and chocolate chips and regular chocolate syrup that doesn’t harden and chocolate fudge

>mogs the unaware French

Attached: donna-che-mangia-il-gelato.jpg (1200x800, 63.12K)

How does Vietnam have it, I'm from SEA and never seen it or even heard of it lol

We have a bunch of exotic fruits that are apparently widely consumed in SEA so much so that people think they originate from there.

I'd rather eat panzerotti with a chubby Italian cutie

I have no idea and it seems like nobody does. I had assumed other SEA neighbors grow lucuma too but apparently not, the wikipedia page only mention Vietnam as grower of lucuma aside from countries in the Americas. It must be European merchants or French colonist who brought it here because the fruit beame a well known symbol during the war against French colonial power.