Do people waste ten years of their lives over an exam in your country?

Do people waste ten years of their lives over an exam in your country?

Attached: 1654174944460.jpg (1080x1539, 490.89K)

Lmao. Is this an admissions exam for a college or is it a civil service exam? Either way that sort of thing is a definite sign of thirdie-dom.

>civil service exam
yeah
10 years so he can be paid a starting salary of 724 USD per month

Some crazy failure do some rampage or kill themselves afterwards

Yup. He'll realise a year from now how much time he actually wasted and probably sudoku. My friend did the same thing. Meanwhile most of us settled in usa/Canada. He sudokud on a train track. His dad had to identify him by his severed head and id. I have no pity for him. His parents are old and there's nobody to take care of them.

I fear my brother is heading down this path by studying medicine.

In India?

Sounds like anime plot

Attached: lh001.jpg (623x363, 118.11K)

So it's easier to leave than to stay?

Nope. It's easier to stay and get a job. The retard on op is trying for one of the toughest entrance exams on the planet. It's basically to get a job as a bureaucract/civil servant

What is this exactly? Is this like an exam to enter an university?
At some point you surely take a step back and say "this isn't for me. I'm not made for this" and move on. At least after two attempts you have to wonder what the fuck you are doing wrong.

See
>Exams for Indian bureaucracy/administration
>Members of these three services serve the Government of India as well as the individual states. IAS officers are also deployed to various government establishments such as constitutional bodies, staff & line agencies, auxiliary bodies, public sector units, regulatory bodies, statutory bodies and autonomous bodies.

Can't you just bribe your way in

He tried this multiple times? And he never thought that this might just not be for him? He must be incredibly stupid.

Not him but in these exams you're not competing for marks you're competing for rank, there are maybe a million of applicants but only a few openings

I'm a lawyer, and there was a girl in my office who failed the bar exam four times before she got fired. Some people just don't know when to give up.

you have to be a fool if you think that it is finalsalary, the salary you are stating is on paper, they have crores of black money

>that image
So much nostalgia.

Attached: 1643293855335.jpg (350x197, 42.52K)

see the thing is if you get in you are basically destined to be a millionaire(through bribes, corruption) also they command high social status

these are the dudes who go on to head ministries, are commissioners of police etc.

And they can't be fired. There was a story recently, about a IAS couple who used a athletetic stadium to walk their dog. The athletes had to finish their training by 7am and empty the stadium for them. The media got into it and still they weren't fired, but the husband and wife did end up transferred to bumfuck nowheres at opposite ends of the country

Canada, its a hard profession to get into.

Why is public service so desired in India? Over here 99% of those jobs are for losers who are okay with receiving shit pay as long as they don't have to actually work