I think the Ottomans were much more progressive and allowed for flourishing of culture and intellectual life than the...

I think the Ottomans were much more progressive and allowed for flourishing of culture and intellectual life than the Orthodox Byzantine state which was like a religious fundamentalist oppressive state.

Thoughts?
I think Greeks were better suited to convert to Islam and live in the Ottoman Empire.
Literally 0 reason for "greek independence" in my view other than an orthodox dictatorship.

Attached: ottoman greece.jpg (1280x898, 476.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_Muslims
twitter.com/AnonBabble

progress this sage into your thread

Explain yourself?
Greeks who converted to Islam were given full rights and they lost nothing of value.

Christian Greeks = Low IQ
Muslim Greeks = High IQ

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_Muslims

Attached: muslim greek.jpg (453x594, 108.1K)

t. Abdulmehmet Muradoglu

>I think the Ottomans were much more progressive and allowed for flourishing of culture and intellectual life than the Orthodox Byzantine state which was like a religious fundamentalist oppressive state.
I honestly don't know much about the Byzantines but I know medieval religious clergy were often highly aggressive, although one could argue this applied more to the catholics than the orthodox christians. I'm a protestant.
But, yes, Ottomans were progressive, at least for an Islamic state. Not progressive to the modern toxic extent but they basically accepted any religions or ethnicities as long as they paid taxes. I'd argue they kept the middle east peaceful for a few centuries, having said that they were imperfect.
>I think Greeks were better suited to convert to Islam and live in the Ottoman Empire.
>Literally 0 reason for "greek independence" in my view other than an orthodox dictatorship.
Greek independence was a good thing. Greece has a long history and a long cultural backround. Also, despite Ottomans being tolerant initially, their attitudes towards Greeks in particular in the late era were especially brutal, along with their treatment of Armenians. Also don't appreciate what they did to the Hagia Sophia, which was a beautiful church. At the very least make it a muesum, although my religious tendencies get the best of me here and I really wish the Turkish government would have it restored to it's former glory. But that's never gonna happen, pipe dream.

>Muradoglu
Give one reason why Greece should have become an independent country.

>Greeks who converted to Islam were given full rights and they lost nothing of value.
They lost their culture.

>They lost their culture.
Christianity is not culture.

Leave it to the americunt to decide what is or is not culture

>Leave it to the americunt to decide what is or is not culture
Christianity is an invented cult in the 1st century by authors it is not a culture of a people but books of authors and it certaintly does not belong to anyone as "theirs" as they aren't the authors of the books or its laws.

Islam can belong to Greeks just as much as Christianity is perceived.

Now tell me how Christianity is more part of your native culture than Islam.

Fuck off atheshit. Go back to worshipping Fauci

Tell me how you think Christianity is part of your native culture.

If you agree it is not and your community ultimately were converted to this religion thousands of years in the past then it is not yours, it was given to you by someone else.

>If you agree it is not and your community ultimately were converted to this religion thousands of years in the past then it is not yours, it was given to you by someone else.
And I should care why? If anything I thank them. Spreading the word of Christ gave us all the possibility of going to heaven and repenting of our sins. The Bible has many cases of conversions.

Scientology is the only true American religion.

The distinction that many place in religions is that it is somehow intrinsically tied to their national history and identity.

You can continue believing in the arbitrary religion without distinction as much as you want just as Buddhists do.

We earned that right when we became the uncontested dominant culture.

A Greek Muslim is no more following his Greek culture than a Christian Greek.

After all if a Greek is following a religion is that religion not Greek culture?

America was founded by Anglo protestant christians.

Attached: 1649272065876.png (547x626, 63.6K)

>America was founded by Anglo protestant christians.
England was founded by Anglo-Saxon polytheists.

Who gives a fuck?