Why do people who do stem degrees always end up looking so depressed?

why do people who do stem degrees always end up looking so depressed?

Attached: download.jpg (246x205, 8.94K)

I'm 26...

Normally brain consumes 15% of your energy, with highly intelligent people it's close to 50%, the rest is metabolism. So when you're like fucking smart with a STEM job there's no energy left for having fun in your free time, scientifically speaking.

it’s draining, and ppl realise they don’t really want to do it as a job too late, and have no choice now
>t. stem man

Because I am stupid and I have to go through many failures. But I have many peers who are smart and successful so they have more time to enjoy their life

this honestly. In retrospect I'd rather have done something relating to historical linguistics but I was more focused on making money than actually enjoying what I'm doing.

long hours and no girls

I wish I was dead
t. M.Sc. in Physics

a lack of pussy does weird things to a mf

they really don't pay us enough for us to grinding our ass 12 hr a day in uni ...

People start to lose interest at very high levels of complexity, usually during the Master's degree. By then they still haven't considered alternatives, still apply for a PhD and ended up depressed by the end of it. By the time you finish your PhD you're 25 with no experience and you just apply for a Postdoc to avoid wageslaving.

Because you get to know every single piece of knowledge about a specific subject and you get to be on the forefront of research trying to find new knowledge
Then when you start working some braindead manager who's only job is to talk earns more than you and pretends to know what you're doing, all the while slowing down your work.
Then you have the HR department who arrange obligatory "social-events" to create a better work environment.
There are all these people who earn the same and their only job is to try to prevent me from doing my job I fucking hate corporate culture
Those people get to go home happy, I go home with every inch of my life energy drained.

It's boring and takes a lot of energy so I have no time to enjoy things I actually like. You have those super tryhards that are just good at everything and they can fly by their degree while getting fucked every week and playing 2 sports but I ain't that, I gotta spend most of my day studying to pass this shit.

Because I want to kill myself

Based

I may look depressed, but I'm not

Thank you for your service.

Bro you're dumb as a brick, should have just became a bartender or a cook.

Because it’s boring as fuck but you’ll have a good job. Basically you’re selling your soul for job security.

That sounds more like a biz/Economic/finance thing

Science is boring and you will continue to fail and break piece by piece till you are dead inside.
>T. Stem graduate loser