40% of the Belgian population is unemployed, 78% of them currently resides in Wallonia

>40% of the Belgian population is unemployed, 78% of them currently resides in Wallonia
>In Flanders the new generations speaks english better than flemish, a fair number of flemish teenagers converse between themselves in english
>Wallonia have an HDI of 0.747, just behind Algeria
>A tenth of the Wallonian population is expected to know hunger by the year 2045
>Flanders is considered to be the leading regions in terms of new technology and bio technology, 21% of major tech company are located in Bruges.
>If taken separately, Flanders would be the second fastest growing economy in the world, Wallonia would be the second poorest country in Europe.

Damn, Belgium is basically two country.

Attached: 8745549887.jpg (401x367, 29.78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Cow
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's the French curse.

Source

So much bullshit in one post
Bruges tech industry? let alone 20%
And no we speak dutch in flanders, not english

>And no we speak dutch in flanders, not english
>Dutch
Wij spreken vlaams stomme barbaar.

There's a disturbing correlation for sure.

>Lenders S., Oeyen A., D’hooghe J. & Overloop S. (2012) Bodembalans van de Vlaamse landbouw, cijfers voor 2007-2009
>PRODUCTIVITE NET BELGE. EFFECTIFS, MOUVEMENTS. ET MARCHE DU TRAVAIL Rapport 2009. Direction générale Emploi et marché du travai
>Comment la diversité linguistique belges influent elle sur la différence de dynamisme des acteurs économiques au sein d'un même territoire, Geoffrey GRANDJEAN

The rest is inside the 2021 reports of the State Secretary for recovery plannening and strategic investments.

Attached: 152828433025048.jpg (401x367, 15.36K)

Depends on the region, a recent survey showed that in some part of Bruges thatis true.
Also it's mainly start up and bio tech company, those things are not often publicized.
The most advanced neural interface used in surgery applied transfemoral prosthetics was developed in Belgium.

Attached: 15282843388250.jpg (401x367, 31.95K)

Why it's even exists
>a fair number of flemish teenagers converse between themselves in english
The fuck

zoomers gonna zoom fr fr

That's not true

It's hard data not really up for debate.
Not all of them, but last time i went in Bruges i was surprised to see so much zoomers speaking english between each other, most spoke flemish of course.

ok so why is Wallonia so poor? i can only deduct it from the fact that half of my home town population works in Belgium and literally every single one is in Flanders, I've never heard of anyone going to Wallonia for jobs

Bruges is full of touristsand no we don't don't speak english to each other

Flemish region has(had) industy while Wallonia doesn't have anything

i thought wallonia was always the industrial heart of Belgium

It used to be decades ago
Wallonia is like the Norf

There is many explanation culture, history, the depletion of their copper mine, the Ardenne region suffered from many natural disaster which crippled its economy at the start of the XXth century, they never quite recovered.

You're from a different generation, the world is moving fast.
Keep in mind that a large portions of the belgian population are of foreign origins, flemish is entirely foreign to them, it is sadly not a surprise that many of them opt for a more relevant and commonly spoken language.

Attached: 1631445572008.jpg (550x535, 36.18K)

>in Bruges
good film

>Vlaams
>99% Nederlands met "Alé" tussendoor :D
>"Aparte taal :D"
>:D

You are talking out of your ass
Do you enjoy making things up about my country?

>wow why is le western part rich and le eastern part poor
read a book

how was the border between Flanders and Wallonia drawn? in the map it looks rather randomly

>read a book

Attached: 548 - closed_mouth concerned frown glasses soyjak stubble template variant_classic_soyjak.png (632x756, 6.44K)

The current borders, date from WW2.
There was always cultural distinction, but never much of a political one, territories switched from one man's hand to another.
But some see the War of the Cow as the first even where the duality of both land were highlighted.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Cow

You're free to contest the source. ( )
For your interest, my socio-linguistic, economic and geopolitical research are not limited to Belgium.

It was actually filmed in Lièges, not surprising when you compare the housing price in both cities.
It would have been too expensive to film it there.

>was actually filmed in Lièges, not surprising when you compare the housing price in both cities.
It would have been too expensive to film it there.

Lol
Stop spreading lies