I'm 23 and learning how to program in C# and also blender so I can make video games. Does this happen in your country?

I'm 23 and learning how to program in C# and also blender so I can make video games. Does this happen in your country?
Also how much could I earn on steam if I make a semi successful indie game? Has anyone here ever made a game?

Attached: images.jpg (593x517, 21.28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/int/search/text/0n/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

AHHAHAHAHAHAH HE IS MAKING A GAME AND THINKS HE CAN EARN MILLIONS FROM IT HAHAHAH

Can you persuade a bunch of famous instagrammer to play and sell your game? If not, you're just throwing your time away.

0n moved to India?

get modi to sponsor your game, say it's for indian softpower to be spread across the world. I'm pretty sure taleworlds did that in Turkey

Dont want millions maybe around 1000 dollars so i can buy a better PC.

>Can you persuade a bunch of famous instagrammer to play and sell your game? If not, you're just throwing your time away.
I can maybe post it on r/Indiangaming or have some hindi youtubers play it I think.
I don't understand what you mean.
You can actually get a subsidy for game development but you have to register yourself as a startup.

ask Tamil Dalit about it on discord or next time he posts here. also
>Also how much could I earn on steam if I make a semi successful indie game?
depends on the pricing and even if your game is successful, the only people who are going to pay for your game are westoids.

If you don't have any genuine passion for art direction, please don't make video games.

>I'm 23 and learning how to program in C# and also blender so I can make video games.
without a degree?? uhmmm sir with no degree you can only become a code monkey

>Also how much could I earn on steam if I make a semi successful indie game?
Define semi successful
You'll be earning half of the income from selling it. Your first game will most likely be the $1 one, so you get 50c (pre tax if your country has it) for each sold copy. $1 games don't sell almost at all unless they have cards, and if they do they sell less than 1k copies anyway

ok
why
i watch tutorials on YouTube why does a degree matter

My friend 0n its trying this for more than 10 years and still dont have earned a penny.

I'm doing the same desu.

Also, to answer your question. There is no telling how much your game will earn. It will all depend on the quality of your game and your marketing. You might earn nothing. You might become rich. But considering how much time and dedication it takes to make a game, you shouldn't really be doing it for money primarily.

I'll sell my game for 5$ maybe. It's a horror game like silent hill so it's not a niche genre. Wouldn't it sell more copies that way?
Who is 0n?Nice. What game are you making?

>i watch tutorials on YouTube why does a degree matter
oh sweet summer child. srsly get a CS degree. it's just 3-4 years

Honestly, the price of a product and the perceived quality is related. So I honestly wouldn't go as low as 5 dollars at the start.
I don't know how it is for Indians, but 12,50 is literally throwaway money here. So I think that's a better 5 dollar.

I don't want to say too much about what I'm making yet, until I'm a bit further in development. But it's a strategy game.

23 is way too late lol

desuarchive.org/int/search/text/0n/

programming is a nightmare
learn a normal job before it's too late
t. code monkey

Everyone has my dream all of a sudden. I keep seeing threads like this on every board. I was too slow. Funny because I was only just now actually starting to work on it after many years of being demotivated. I'm not dissing your dream, just seems like there is an indie wave coming

0n its a famous game developer here on Any Forums, he is also know as Cris on other boards.
Im making games for 3 years and only got like $3 of revenue.

Ya, im seeing this kind of threads every fucking day.
Its even worse than "i want to become a webdev".

No, I already graduated in civil engineering.
I see. I will have to change the prices according to the region then.
>But it's a strategy game.
nice what engine are you using?
Nah.
It's in Spanish but I understood that 0n is another namefag gamedev that has been making a game for 10 years????
I dont want a coding job
What's stopping you?

>Does this happen in your country?
Yes but i'm 25 and i just finish my cs degree and i still dont know how to code anything in any language for now i would try to make it and hope you can make it too user :3

Attached: 1647407656527.jpg (960x906, 50.17K)

I see.
>Im making games for 3 years and only got like $3 of revenue
what kind of game?
Good luck fren