Why haven't the French thanked us for liberating them?

Why haven't the French thanked us for liberating them?

Attached: 1630937066062.png (1200x800, 22.37K)

they still have a massive complex about dunkirk and leaving them to be enslaved by nazis for 4 years

I don't know. The Germans thank us every year for beating them, so you'd think the French would do the same for saving them.

Thank you, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

You're very welcome

>1066

Attached: 1634484941538.png (1388x932, 1.07M)

it's too painful to be liberated by anglos for them, i understand i'm still mad about the normans.

Because you didn't thank us for literally creating your Kingdom in 1066 by ethnically cleansing Br*tons and creating for over 400 years of colonization roads, infrastructures and culture to your shithole Island.

Thank you, L'Hexagone

Honestly, we probably did.
As for why younger generations don't constantly express their gratefulness, it's probably because WW2 occurred 70 years ago. There's also the fact that Britain is seen as having contributed less than the Soviets and the Americans.
More educated French people might believe that the Battle of France was an Allied defeat rather than solely a French one. Indeed France was expected to bear the brunt of the fighting despite being an aging society still reeling from WW1—the British Expeditionary Forces were and are still seen as insufficient. There's also some bitterness with regards to the Battle of Dunkirk, where the British hogged all the glory despite the fact that their escape was only made possible by suicidal French rear-guard actions, as well as the events of Mers-el-Kébir.

>Indeed France was expected to bear the brunt of the fighting despite being an aging society still reeling from WW1—the British Expeditionary Forces were and are still seen as insufficient.
It was your country and operation at the end of the day. We came back later. Also WW1 was a high death toll for the UK too.
>despite the fact that their escape was only made possible by suicidal French rear-guard actions
It was made possible by the nazi's thinking the main French army was at large. They didn't commit but if they had French intervention no matter how brave would not have been sufficient.
>as well as the events of Mers-el-Kébir.
the terms given were more than fair. it was a neccesary evil.

Tell me where that pic is from and i'll thank you. Otherwise you can suck my fatty.

UK is the cuck in the back masturbating and watching

:(

I'm not saying it was unfair, just listing possible causes for bitterness.
At the end of the day the younger generations just don't care about WW2. You can't expect us to be deferential forever.

>I'm not saying it was unfair, just listing possible causes for bitterness.
fair enough, for my part i wish they had shown more of the french troops in the recent dunkirk movie
>You can't expect us to be deferential forever.
I don't, I didn't make the thread. Degaulle was anything but appreciative tho.
>In June 1945, a victory parade was held in Paris; Charles de Gaulle had forbidden any British participation. However, vehicles from May's Anglo-French ambulance unit took part – Union Jacks and Tricolours side by side as usual. De Gaulle heard wounded French soldiers cheering, "Voilà Spears! Vive Spears!" and ordered that the unit be closed down immediately and its British members repatriated. May commented, "A pitiful business when a great man suddenly becomes small.".[36] May wrote to General de Gaulle protesting at his order, and speaking in the name of the French officers who had been attached to her unit. The general replied, denying that her unit had been dissolved because of the flying of the British flag; he maintained that a decision had already been taken to dissolve six of the nine mobile surgical units attached to his forces.

>English flag posting this KEK
Yeah that's right you fucking cucks and we enjoyed that fat german cock.

bonjour hommes, apprendre le français maintenant

kek is this peak FSL?

oh wow, thanks for defeating the nazis and enabling this terrible jewish present.

Charles de Gaulle's objective was to restore France as a great power when the other Allied leaders essentially considered that it had ceased existing as a nation. His first calling as a military man meant he was proud and discourteous, which led to his being disliked (though Churchill and Roosevelt weren't exactly better people).
He is quoted as saying that countries have no friends, only interests, and he proved it when he forced the Allies first to recognise him as leader of the Free French, and second to recognise the objective reality of France's existence when he managed to raise his total number of troops to one million, making it too bothersome for Americans to impose their will on him. I can understand why Brits and Americans would dislike him, but from a French standpoint he accomplished his task perfectly.

I never understood the whole
>WW2 was 70 years ago so we shouldn't hate Germany and care about ____ that happened in the war
Meanwhile blacks got their freedom in the U.S over 100 years ago, Holocaust is still badgered on about, Armenian Genocide happened over 100 years ago, and numerous other things have happened, and yet those still cause division and arguments among people.
It doesn't make sense why those things still matter but we should just forget about the atrocities committed in the war because "they happened a long time ago"