Brits be like:

>Brits be like:
>In a while crocodile
>See you later alligator

Why are brits like this?

Attached: 1651975465658.png (360x479, 147.41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

voca.ro/1fUJjN7km9nI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Only yanks would say something so immature.

>later
>alligator

Those do not rhyme and fuck Brits for forcing them to

See ya soon big baboon.
See ya soon raccoon.
Time to go buffalo.
Take care teddy bear.
Can’t stay blue jay.
What's the story morning glory?
What's the tale nightingale?
Tood-a-loo kangaroo.
Out the door dinosaur.
hasta manana piranha
Say goodbye pumpkin pie.
Hang loose mongoose.
Bye-bye butterfly.
Here's a hug ladybug.
Mañana iguana.
Okey dokey smokey.
Bye Bye butterfly.
In an hour sunflower.

nice thread knucklehead

>Tood-a-loo kangaroo.
probably the cringiest shit I've ever read.

>Ching Chong Ping Pong
>Nip Nong Ling Long
>Chinger Changer Nigger Dagger

Why are they like this?

they do rhyme

PLEASE vocaroo alligator I guarantee you're saying it wrong

voca.ro/1fUJjN7km9nI

>t. calls crosswalks "zebra crossings"

>pronouncing O as an E

What's the point of even having writing if it doesn't represent the words correctly

Attached: 1622725161937.png (1200x1200, 1.01M)

I hate British "people" so much

But they're black & white like zebras THOUGH

Attached: 1636830786078.jpg (960x612, 233.92K)

Time to go, buffalo.

>Shlomo has only just realised that English orthography is a complete mess

It's not a mess at all. Stop this reddit meme, most languages aren't phonemic there's no law that says written and spoken language need to have a 1:1 relationship

>It's not a mess at all

Attached: 78978.jpg (976x850, 57.91K)

Never heard a kid with downs syndrome speak English? If they can learn it so can anyone else.

If you're convinced of the reddit meme that English is so overwhelmingly peculiar please state your case. All languages have quirks and English is no different.

i'm talking about the written language no the spoken language you mong.
english's spelling is one of a kind in how retarded the spelling is. the ultimate aim of an alphabetic writing sytem is to represent the phonemes of a word in written format, denoting how it's supposed to be written. english has undergone loads of sound changes without any spelling reforms so we've ended up with a complete mess of a writing system
i'm gonna assume you're a monolingual anglophone because the moment you start learning another language with a more phonemic writing system, you realise just how stupid English is

*denoting how it's supposed to be pronounced

Well English isn't a true latin language. It's comprised mostly of germanic and nordick loanwords and spellings. Of course they are going to spell everything wrong.
In my opinion they shouldn't be using the latin alphabet at all but somehow they got away with it and now we are having this discussion.

>the ultimate aim of an alphabetic writing sytem is to represent the phonemes of a word in written format
No it's not.

>i'm gonna assume you're a monolingual anglophone because the moment you start learning another language with a more phonemic writing system, you realise just how stupid English is
I'm gonna assume you're monolingual because you don't realise most languages are like this. And any that aren't always drift that way.

Again, English is not special in this regard no matter how much you want it to be.

ask any ESL, ANY ESL whatsoever and they will all attest to how stupid English's writing system is

you are in no position to talk about retarded language quirks, nor is any country with gendered nouns.

English has so many dialects and accents that choosing one system to represent English would discredit all the other ones and make the written language even more fucked up.

>personally inconvenient
>objectively stupid
No.

this is why all English speakers should adopt a north Yorkshire accent, the most consistent and germanic English dialect of all

bruh

based proposition

We literally have a legal body of linguists appointed by the spanish monarchy that regulates the usage of the spanish language to make it coherent and cohesive since 1713.
Can you say the same?. Yeah I thought so.

Attached: 70f4855c-fb57-4eee-87de-45c37cf927fe_alta-libre-aspect-ratio_default_0.jpg (1200x675, 92.8K)

Attached: 1653699010616.jpg (750x709, 319.81K)

>the ultimate aim of an alphabetic writing sytem is to represent the phonemes of a word in written format
not really. never has it done so for any language with a standardised orthography.

If it's anything like the Académie Française they make up cringe words for new technologies and try to force people to use them, but the majority use Anglicisms anyway

>ESLs
Why would you seek the opinions of the mentally retarded? Wise foreigners do all they can to avoid learning Engl*sh

>We literally have a legal body of linguists appointed by the spanish monarchy that regulates the usage of the spanish language to make it coherent and cohesive since 1713.
cringe, and you STILL have gendered nouns.

They don't create any new words, they just regulate its use to make it coherent with the grammar and the rest of the vocabulary.
Meaning you cannot say shit like : "They was" or "I ain't" or "I sawr it" and so on, it's grammatically wrong and everybody is aware of how wrong it is and you are usually called out for being so ignorant and stupid.
One of its major criticisms was that it started to accept regional words, but it always clarifies that it's a regional word and not a widespread word, and again, it still has to comply with grammatical sense