Why do they use the latin alphabet?

Why do they use the latin alphabet?

Attached: AdobeStock_104060928-1320x683.jpg (1320x683, 112.81K)

To hide their arab heritage

Latin alphabet just werks.

why are you obsessed with us schizo paki? kys.

because the latin alphabet is the best alphabet and everyone should use it

Westernization + Latin works better for Turkish than Arabic

They only started after WW1. One of Atatürk's westernizing reforms. He considered closer alignment with Europe to be the way of the future and shit. It used to use the Arabic alphabet, which I'm told was poorly suited.

turkey will be a paki/syrian ethnostate soon

adoption of latin alphabet was subject of discussion long before ataturks reform

This example of a telegram sent from Adana to Istanbul, dated 1876, is a good example of how Ottoman Turkish was written using the French Latin alphabet system.

Attached: EISfyqoX0AEToJG.jpg (2048x1340, 503.32K)

Because they are the third Roma

they wanted to become more white
there is literally no other reason

they are mixed people like americans who don't care about traditions

The previous option is pretty bad for Turkish. The Arabic alphabet can work but the problem is when you have a system of vowel harmony its like trying to do surgery with a saw. It's obtuse and prone to error

Turkish should have used C for Ç and J for C.

They cucked out

And ï for i, it just triggers me that it's the only single dot front vowel

Nah dotless i is really ingenious. It's like another i but less intrusive and neat.

Who wants to be brown when you can be white?

they are romans

Attached: Hagia-Sophia-Inside.jpg (4288x2848, 2.31M)

They should use Greek or Cyrillic, it's the same kind of writing system but it would be a better fit considering their neighbours.

Using Latin is better for world trade, they just fucked up by adding all those autistic letters like ç and ş, instead of just writing ch and sh like a sane person.

Using diacritics makes far more sense than ridiculous and inadequate anglo orthography

Not when you want to engage with the western world, which was one of the main reasons of changing to Latin in the first place.

Every single western language besides English uses diacritics

Because it is easier to comprehend, and better suited to the Turkish language. Also, it is easier to write with Latin characters than Arabic, considering that Arabic is written almost like calligraphy and from right to left, rather than left to right, like most alphabets out there.

Nobody uses those Turkish ones outside of shitholes like Albania. Simmer down Paki.