Why are Americans like this?

>fiction: Top Gun Maverick
>reality: losing 12,000 planes fighting North Vietnam
Are they hoping we won't notice?

Attached: homos.jpg (261x381, 100.24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aOa32j0xqYM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Don’t they explicitly explain in the first film that the creation of the Top Gun school was a reaction to the Vietnam war?

Attached: gulf war day 1.webm (854x480, 2.86M)

They have the biggest porpaganda machine

It was a good movie, better than the original

2022 reality: airlifting browns and military out of Kabul airport

Why are you like this

Attached: 1654024877351.jpg (540x355, 73.11K)

What is Top Gun even about?
Did the U.S Air Force ever participated in a dogfight since WW2?

Attached: 1528461299204.jpg (385x385, 24.21K)

i thought it was a kino, but very very american
it was iran they were bombing right?

I thought it would be Iran because the "rogue nation" had f-14's but then again I don't think it gets that snowy in the southern parts of Iran.

I just looked it up and I’m not crazy, it’s literally a line in the movie.

The greatest air war of all time was fought between the US and Russia/North Korea in the Korean War. It ended up with a 1.5:2 KD ratio in favor of the US.

Attached: 082E4C67-305D-457F-BE17-3F6CBBBDA937.jpg (1612x657, 304.9K)

>The greatest air war of all time was fought between the US and Russia/North Korea in the Korean War.
I thought that WW2 had largest air battles but would like to know more

>In Vietnam this fell to three to one
In reality actually about 1.3:1.

Didnt know that desu.
I know plane autists like to talk about and compare jet fighters, but i've rarely heard of real dogfights in them.
Seems it's just not as romanticized as WW2 plane fights.

They also proceeded to BTFO the Chinese.
Vietbros are on another level, and I feel no shame in losing to them.

desu i don’t even know anymore user. every single source seems to have a different figure.

The Korean War thrusted jet air power into the fore in the same way WWII brought armor and combined arms into modernity.

The US and USSR basically developed all of the strategies that are still used today in that war. You had the best of the best Soviet pilots, referred to as Honchos by the Americans, going up against superbly and well trained American pilots. Both sides had jets with similar capabilities and fought fearsome battles in Mig Alley.

Here’s a video that goes over some of it

youtube.com/watch?v=aOa32j0xqYM

They fucked the french, yanks, chinks and Elon Musk in a row. Absolutely based imo

Thanks user. Unfortunately that video isn't available in my country (if it were about ancient aliens those fuckers wouldn't have geoblocked it I'm sure lol).

The Korean War is often referred to as the Forgotten War because it’s not talked about often. But it’s a major milestone of the 20th century.

>Chinas first imperial strategic move
>The first true standoff between the USSR and USA
>Armies from all over the world involved, absorbing massive losses on both sides

And on and on

>Are they hoping we won't notice?
We certainly didn't notice.
I learned in school that we won that war because we complied our strategic objectives.
Americans only understand the Vietnam war through these films.

Search for:

Dogfights: F-86 Sabres Battle at Extreme Speeds in the Korean War

You might be able to find it somewhere else on YouTube, or just torrent it. It’s worth the watch

>every single source seems to have a different figure.
It's just a recent consensus. Both sides overclaimed and if you compare records and remove the overclaims then it's roughly even. It's laid out quite well in the relevant Osprey series of books.
Korea was the last conflict with "big" air battles where say 30 fighters could meet an equal number of opposition in the sky. Not as big as WW2 but bigger than anything since.

The Chinese that were the poorest nation on Earth until recently?

Did Americans have much combat experience with jets, ie. did they use P-80 (iirc?) in WW 2 much? I know that jet MIGs came after the war. What I'm wondering is that both sides in Korea probably had experienced jockeys flying but if Americans had edge because of having jet fighter experience. Or was it more that both sides were learning to fly with fast jets and new dogfighting tactics were developed on the fly (kek, shameful)?