How realistic is it to travel through europe alone with nothing but a backpack...

How realistic is it to travel through europe alone with nothing but a backpack? I've been debating if i should for a long time, i'd try to save a few 1000s but i'd mainly just like to rely on human kindness and empty mansions ig lol.

Your country and how would people react? I speak english and french and i'm canadian.

Attached: The-Stanley-Parable-Ultra-Deluxe-3-678x381.jpg (678x381, 37.36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eurail.com/en
youtu.be/BVSJvfitmuQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It was common among the youth decades ago, now not that much anymore.
Relying on human kindness is quite risky and depends on the country and how good you are at interacting with people and understanding the situation.
As an example I remember a dutch couple in their 50s backpacking in rome, they asked to a group of gypsies (!) if it was safe to pitch their tent there, they said yes and during the night they assaulted the couple brutally raping the woman who needed hospitalization.

Yeah well world's going to shit and im only getting older so it's probably better to do it sooner than later nonetheless lol.

I'm kind of autistic and shit at social cues but i'm thinking maybe just honesty might be enough y'know? Especially in non major cities and such, + i can tell tales of my travels over time

Aren't gypsies kinda like hells angels and such? Like just give them respect and show them your not weak and they'll treat you good? Tho old ppl who travel tend to be rich so might be why they got assautled

>gypsies kinda like hells angels
ohh boy, you never met any of them have you?

I bet 5 pound for him getting mugged and/or raped by the 1st gypsy gang that he met. The question is would you backpacking across canada alone? If you wont probably other country wont be as kind as your own brethren

ofc not look where i'm from lmao, and what about your country?

Why is an indo speaking, aren't your areas filled with weird dangerous crazies?

And yeah i'd backpack across canada or the states alone, potentially mexico too but the weather sucks dick there lmao fuck humidity.
And why would other countries be initially antagonistic?

"Begpackers" all need to be shot dead.

Attached: niggers.jpg (700x871, 126.74K)

Gypsies are alright if they don't look like gypsies. If you can visibly see that they're gypsies, then I wouldn't trust them. They have a really strong "us vs. them" mentality.

It's realistic during the summer. I would get a sleeping bag and hammock and camp outside now and then. Hitchhike with truck drivers, airbnb at cool places to chill. In Norway there's tons of tourist huts available, you get a key and access to 500 across the country for 10 euros.

I'm not a cringe skinny zoomer vegan, i'm just a regular guy with mental illness who plays vidya and isnt in good shape but thanks for proving your an idiot

Hm fair, i guess it is like walking in a ghetto in america, what do they really look like irl?

tourist huts key 500??? explain more.

Yeah snowy winter is bad here too i can't imagine doing that in the winter, i never really camped outside so idk how the hammock and such sounds desu

>I'm kind of autistic and shit at social cues
you have to be double careful then
>gypsies
that's might be older gypsies but their respect has to be earned if it's to be worth shit, younger ones can be brutal retards, in general you can't trust any gypsy
do el Camino de Santiago if you want that backpacking experience, it's well travelled and will meet lots of cool people, but learn spanish first, it will make your life 1000 times easier, and avoid the basque country if you can, they are cunts

yeah obv learning spanish or arabic etc wouldnt hurt for travels, maybe force myself a lil lol.

And desu im not against killing some fucks if they try to mess with me lol

I don't know if i wanna do some super touristy stuff tho, just sounds like a way to have locals be like gtfo or sell me shit for too much $

>or arabic
don't go backpacking in an arab country unless you have a death wish
if you wanna explore a third world country go with a trusted guide, otherwise stay in the cities
i've lost count of how many stories i've read about retarded westeners being beheaded or raped in rural morocco or turkey
>super touristy stuff
there are many routes for backpacking in spain, most leading to santiago, the good thing is that it's cheap and safe

Just google gypsy. You'll notice them because they don't really disappear in the masses, they kinda stand out

>what do they really look like irl?
browner and uglier than the average people, you're in trouble if they are eyeing you too much

do they really look like the meme ones like fortune teller looks?

meh i'm big n tall i'll scare em off

I mean i accept that death is a risk lol, why would i magically get beheaded anyway, i'd probably just temporary convert to muslim, sounds like a fun kinda world to try.

>Cheap and safe
doesn't that defeat the fun of backpacking in the first place?? I can probably find cheaper food in remote shithole villages and better views than tourist vist spot featuring beach x10 and ending in a big city for a beer :)))

>big n tall i'll scare em off
lemme doubt that, they usually do their shit in groups
>cheaper food in remote shithole villages
i'm talking about doing that, rural spain is cheap and safe if you avoid gypsies like the plague
i met a german dude that had backpacked from barcelona to alicante where i was and he was pretty cool, but pretty sunburnt

Not really, womens do wear dresses, but they don't look like they came directly from a fair. Mens are more toned down, but the images will give you an idea.

hmkay, hows swiss for doing what i said in original post?

yeah go fire pack tactics like their american brethren lol

Yeah exactly, i'm partial to wanting to make a path like i'll go around to those cities then head to france etc type things or just wandering, probably the 1st is more productive tho

It's probably doable just don't be stupid and trust your guts who to avoid (browns) and stay away from parks, police usually patrol them at night and will fine you for camping there. Also for your own sake have some backup money for a trip back home so that you don't end up like these sort of bums

Is there anything nice to do or see or eat in slovenia? Isnt the best things just the blonde girls?

Yeah almost seems like a common trend to not trust them lol And parks are kinda boring anyway, and i'd probably be bringing money like saved up with the goal of not spending much of it so i should have plenty to go back home

History, architecture and cuisine wise were are discount Austria. But if you like hiking, rivers, caves, mountains and other natural stuff then there's plenty to see here.
Also as a general tip consider getting one of those eurail passes that allows you to use most trains within europe (not just EU), some of them even have sleep cabins so you wouldn't need to camp outdoors all the time

Attached: 5a0adc250a78af4baeb2-postojnska-jama.jpg (768x512, 108.35K)

Slovenia has nice nature. Kinda like miniature New Zealand.

hmkay,sounds decent, how do those passes work and how much do they cost?

The infrastructure is there for backpacking, youth hostels, train passes etc. You might as well start with that

my ex is british, kept telling me i'll get mugged by pikeys tho

>head to france
france's countryside is pretty beautiful
If you go to Spain, go to the north (cantabria, asturias, pyrenees) or go in spring/autumn, perhaps in winter. castille or Andalucia are very beautiful but horrible in summer, and if you are unlucky you can end up in a route without shade and get heatstroke

There are different tiers of them so prices vary, you can read more about them here and get an exact amount depending on what you want:
eurail.com/en

Attached: eurail-map-1.jpg (4000x2309, 3.71M)

here are some of the national forests/parks

Attached: Espana_Espacios-naturales-protegidos-I_2014_mapa_13506_spa.jpg (2976x2008, 1.19M)

Check this out
youtu.be/BVSJvfitmuQ