Why aren't there any charming masculine actors in Hollywood these days...

Why aren't there any charming masculine actors in Hollywood these days? It's like an entire industry of character actors.

Attached: 1938.jpg (902x1181, 601.84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

moviestvnetwork.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There’s no feminine actresses either

jews hates masculinity

>white
>masculine

There are plenty

Why did they put it front and center for nine decades of Hollywood history then?

Gary Cooper instead of Errol Flynn?

Attached: come-on-now.png (500x312, 78.22K)

>Why did they put it front and center for nine decades of Hollywood history then?
Same reason niggers only got uppity after segregation ended
Good folk stopped putting them in their place

I'd argue that there are still some classically masculine handsome actors that would have hacked it in the 30's and forties.
Paul Rudd and Jon Hamm come to mind.

Attached: Paul Rudd.jpg (1200x800, 394.65K)

Where do you guys pirate films nowadays? I keep streaming classics in-browser with shitty resolution but I really want to see a couple in better quality

After movies were established enough and technologically advanced enough that they could dazzle audience with visuals and audio alone, Hollywood stopped trying to get strongheaded, charismatic actors into their films since those are more likely to cause trouble and be able to influence the industry and the public away from what the studios would prefer

if you have an antenna there is a new channel called Movies!
moviestvnetwork.com/

>After movies were established enough and technologically advanced enough that they could dazzle audience with visuals and audio alone
1930?

More 1990 or so when CGI came about and surround sound was standard

For me, it's Joan Blondell, the Leggy Sideboob Queen of the 1930s.

Attached: Joan Blondell - Gold Diggers of 1933.png (1920x1080, 1.46M)

Technicolor looks better than any CGI crap.

Attached: The Adventures of Robin Hood 1938.jpg (1320x964, 277.64K)

Nice, I like in footlight parade when she outs her stockings on wrong and has to redo them

MagnetDL is pretty good.

Patrician.
It's not her only film with a fan-service putting-on-tights shot either.

Attached: JoanBlondell.jpg (750x937, 196.08K)

It looked good but it's not the same dynamic. You can have a pleasant looking stage, but a stage performance still needs charismatic actors.

Modern movies remove the idea of the stage and film with high tech cameras from 30 angles in front of green screens that allow CGI that draws your eyes away from the actors so that it's a "movie" more than a performance. The biggest box office hits today have shit-all for actors and just use big CGI scenes and dolby atmos audio.

Basically it's Soul VS Soulless

Attached: boristea.jpg (620x801, 58.21K)

>big CGI scenes and dolby atmos audio
This shit by itself doesn't draw in viewers, certain actors in lead roles do

Some of the highest grossing films in the last few years are marvel movies. Nobody's racing to the theater to see Tom Holland and Brie Larson, and even the good-looking male leads like Chris Evan and Chris Hemsworth are chosen at least in part for their submissiveness. In their personal lives, they aren't big personalities who go on 60 Minutes or talk shows and drop big anti-establishment bombs or become close friends with political figures like older actors did. They're easily replaceable, as little talent as they need to do their job for the studio and no more.