Barbie Set Photos Show Ryan Gosling with Platinum Blonde Hair as Ken

Ryan Gosling is set to star in the upcoming Greta Gerwig-directed Barbie film alongside Margot Robbie. Judging by recent set photos, the actor is already in character and has undergone a change in hair to accomplish it.

Recent photographs of Gosling on set showcase the actor in a yellow cap, but with platinum blonde hair underneath it. This was likely done to mirror the Ken doll that Gosling will be portraying, as Ken — much like Barbie and her own hair — sports a fully blonde head of hair. For Gosling, this won’t be the first time that he’s gone this blonde, as he also sported a bleached blonde hair look for the 2012 film The Place Beyond the Pines.

The live-action Barbie movie will be led by Margot Robbie (I, Tonya, The Suicide Squad), who is also serving as a producer through her LuckyChap banner. The project will be directed by acclaimed filmmaker Greta Gerwig from a screenplay she co-wrote with Noah Baumbach.

The film will also be produced by LuckyChap’s Tom Ackerly and Mattel Films’ Robbie Brenner along with Josey McNamara and Ynon Kreiz. This marks Robbie’s latest collaboration with Warner Bros. Pictures after starring as fan-favorite anti-hero Harley Quinn in 2016’s Suicide Squad, 2020’s Birds of Prey, and 2021’s The Suicide Squad.

Barbie was originally being developed at Sony for the last few years, with Amy Schumer and then Anne Hathaway both initially in talks to star in the movie, while Diablo Cody was also previously attached to write. However, the project’s development was ultimately moved to Mattel Films and Warner Bros. Pictures.

Attached: FOhqefBWYAIfXOs.jpg (1800x1800, 497.57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/name/nm0331516/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: FOffbuJWUAEpOk3.jpg (537x656, 53.75K)

Will it be woke?

Attached: FOi_a8rXIAY4FbH.jpg (720x720, 53.12K)

Yep. There's my boy.

Attached: 1555962486366.jpg (395x585, 47.8K)

Seeing how both leads are white AND blonde, it’s safe to assume that everyone else will be a nigger.

>The project will be directed by acclaimed filmmaker Greta Gerwig from a screenplay she co-wrote with Noah Baumbach.

wtf i didn't know greta was making this

Attached: frances.gif (245x145, 1.09M)

>Amy Schumer almost started in this

Holy fuck we dodged a bullet. How did this movie get so lucky with this cast, Greta directing, and Noah Baumbach writing?

>Kino comeback after a 4 year hiatus
Based

imdb.com/name/nm0331516/

Attached: ryan gosling IMDb.png (620x290, 11.17K)

Why are two american indie filmmakers making a fucking Barbie film? This is either going to be a case of studio not giving any freedom to the director and just using the name (like Guy Ritchie with Alladin) or we're getting a weird Barbie flick.

Looks more like Ken's dad.

the goose is officially loose again

Attached: 1607561410261.jpg (736x734, 50.43K)

i looked so silly in that yellow hat haha

I'm going to start kenmaxxing, any advice bros?

>Why are two american indie filmmakers making a fucking Barbie film?
It's the all-American toyline for girls. Why wouldn't American's make it?
>This is either going to be a case of studio not giving any freedom
Cry more faggot
>or we're getting a weird Barbie flick.
What other kind of Barbie live-action film would there be? Are there actually grown men excited to see this? How old are you user?

You expect a Barbie flick to be directed by someone who makes movies about le funny animals or comedies about dumb blonde chicks and be appropriately similar to that. You don't expect a Barbie film be directed by the director of Lady Bird and written by the director of Marriage Story and Frances Ha. I don't know, it's like if in the 60s Cassavetes directed a full length Adam West Batman film. It's weird.

>The Gray Man
toothsome.

ZOOMER KEN
ZOOMER KEN

Implying Marriage Story and Frances Ha aren’t just Barbie play sets for indie adults

he's too old

>we're getting a weird Barbie flick
an experimental film featuring barbie on a decent budget may end up being kino
it won't end up that way, it'll be schlock, but the potential is there

>refuses to do capeshit
>does girly toyshit instead
Our guy

guys, why does he look 55+ now?

Attached: gosling sad.png (1398x1480, 3.98M)

I like them

It sounds like exactly the type of movie movie they'd make.
>"Guys what if these toys that we idolize were REAL?
>And like they had they own lives and went through the same problems we have but all this time we only knew about the side they show to the public
>Like Barbie poops and Ken drinks hard lemonade"

As Ken's creepy old uncle?

Weak bone structure ages poorly

The kids

The current Barbie series on Pop has the family as quirky. Could be kino.