Americans, explain to me right fucking now what an ice cream soda is...

Americans, explain to me right fucking now what an ice cream soda is. In the real world an ice cream is pretty much flavoured, frozen whip cream and a soda is a carbonated, flavoured drink. How do these mix?

Also, what other weird or delicious snacks were your favorites as kids? We were pretty poor, so my favorite was taking a boiled potato out of the fridge if there were leftovers and eating it with mayonnaise.

Attached: ice cream soda.gif (400x244, 1.19M)

IIRC it's just an old-timey name for a milkshake since it's ice cream that you drink.
Nobody actually says it now.

i assumed it was like a root beer float

Attached: 1630135932267.jpg (967x1200, 76.93K)

Take soda, put a scoop of ice cream on it, eat with spoon and drink from a straw as you go. It mixes together and melts a bit over time. Also known as a root beer float because root beer is by far the best soda to do this with, but coke or dr pepper would work too.

>he's never had a spider before
I feel bad for you

Attached: 185.jpg (683x1024, 331.24K)

Pretty crappy candy really. It's like an impractical lollypop. But I had these as a kid and it looked nice I guess.

Attached: roudoudou-coquillage-a-lecher.jpg (800x800, 48.34K)

Yeah it’s this you put ice cream typically vanilla into a glass of root beer

It can be
1. A soda with ice cream flavor
2. Like a root beer float you just put a scoop of ice cream in your soda

Based ausfag

fuck I could go for a spider right now

>putting a sugary, creamy dessert into a sugary, carbonated beverage
Do Americans really?

if we want. freedom baby

>Americans, explain to me right fucking now what an ice cream soda is

Its a soda with a scoop of ice cream on top.

Attached: How-to-Make-Root-Beer-Floats-Square.jpg (1200x1200, 58.66K)

I used to eat sandwiches with butter and chocolate sprinkles on top when watching kino as a kid. Haven't eaten it in years. Actually haven't even thought about it before this thread. I should go get some chocolate sprinkles.

Apparently something like this is considered a culinary delicacy in Australia, though they use regular sprinkles and call it Fairy Bread.

kek that's pretty gay

I used to put potato chips on white bread as a kid a potato chip sandwich also I still put spaghetti on two pieces of garlic bread to make a spaghetti sandwich

uhm.. you know the scene in george of the jungle i think it is where he learns about coffee and he runs back and forth taking spoonfulls of it?
i used to imitate that and jungle rush my way to the cupboard, take out the can of milo and scoop 3 hooped spoonfuls into my mouth before closing the lid, throwing the milo back into the cubpoard and sprinting back to my starting location. then i tried it with actual coffee and learned my lesson.

i like eating the inside of garlic bread and putting spaghetti o's in the crust. it's pretty messy though

The based ones at least.

This sounds pretty retarded but at the same time pretty based.
Spagetti sandwich mite b cool, but not with plain spagetti i hope? Make a bolognese or some shit and put the leftovers in bread the day after. Now that's something.