Why does everyone love this fucking movie so much?

Why does everyone love this fucking movie so much?

Attached: MV5BMDFkYTc0MGEtZmNhMC00ZDIzLWFmNTEtODM1ZmRlYWMwMWFmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxODk2OTU@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg (1000x1484, 227.86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kKdUsJU-cQ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't know.
Maybe its the soundtrack, Morgan Freeman, the actual story, the twists. Could be a lot of things.
For me its definitely the soundtrack, its so 90s, so SOULFULL. You can't find soundtracks like this nowadays, everything is stiff and dry, i don't know how to describe it.

You have to be a real man to get it. A well-educated man who worked hard in life was unjustly thrown in prison after his wife cheated on him.

Dad knew the director of this film pretty well, apparently a really cool guy.

Attached: DhYDqzuWsAAep-Q.jpg (575x352, 26.17K)

Ending is based and boatpilled

>Main character is misunderstood, smart, brave, always right and wins in the end to good music.
Dunno.

why does it bother you? you dont like this movie so you make a thread about the movie to discuss it? people are fucking ugly stupid.

le morgan freeman is in it

>raaaaaarrrrrrrrgghhhhh stop liking this movie!

KeK What a stupid cunt

I can't think of a better movie that sought out a direction, a purpose to a film. and carried it out.

I'm actually a fan of these type of movies. They by no means have to be the perfect or best movie.. They stick to the "Goldilock zone". But the vision of just making a good movie, not trying to do much better, sticks with me.

Personally think a lot of you miss that with movies, always wanting to be the critic rather than enjoy what is in front of you.

Attached: TSsR.webm (998x562, 2.69M)

I think Shawshank is overrated, but Bob Gunton as Warden Norton is for me, one of the all time great fictional villains.
youtube.com/watch?v=kKdUsJU-cQ0

there's no woman in it

Attached: 1549615844247.jpg (451x451, 26.83K)

anyone know of any other prison kinos? sadly i've watched about 10 hours of prison documentaries and would like actual films.

Attached: 1341638802712.png (657x525, 24.05K)

the green mile is brilliant
papillon (not the remake)
animal factory is good, not great.

It's an extremely cathartic movie that doesn't rely on overly dramatic characters. The believability allows you to immerse yourself in the story and soak in the characters in a way that many films can't.

thanks

Because it’s a good movie. I was ready to be contrarian about it, but it was good

np

a Tour de Force if you will

>poster has a major spoiler
Who approved of this shit?

It's a Turd de Fart