I have never played Halo

I hate how this alien looks.
Masterchief is pretty generic but you can tell some things about him.
The way his helmet is designed with the closed visor and the brim, you can tell he's kind of a loner, that he maybe operates in some kind of guerrilla or scout capacity. You can tell he's in the military, therefore you can tell that earth HAS a military. The angle of the brim of his helmet is good, he can tilt his head down to appear intimidating but if he looks straight head he looks optimistic or friendly or approachable. It works like eyebrows.
What does the covenant design tell us?
Almost fucking nothing.
He has a big frowny helmet and a scawy mouth with lots of teeth. But we know nothing else.
It could just be that the covenant are a warrior race and that they don't have a concept of a "soldier" being that every member of the species takes that role.
We can't tell rank, we can't tell unique personality. There's nothing obviously historic to their armour, there's no signs of anything cultural. What material is their armour even made of?
There's just le futuristic blue with hexagons. What the fuck is that supposed to tell me? Give him some scalps, some war-paint, a locket with a picture of his best-gal back home. Anything. This thing is just designed to tell you "this is an enemy".

And don't tell they're supposed to be ambiguous and unknowable. You design ambiguousness, you don't get that quality by abandoning world building. It's just fucking generic low effort bullshit.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-03-23 132414.jpg (2635x1288, 229.92K)

Attached: Screenshot_20220318-110323_Gallery.jpg (1895x1080, 215.62K)

Stop playing video games and read books like The Brothers Karamazov instead. Halo ended at 3 and Reach wasn't good also.

I've already read the Brothers Karamazov and desu I don't rate Dostoy.
Just because I have an opinion on sci-fi creature design doesn't mean I can't appreciate high-art. You have to have the sacred and the propane.

Dostoyevsky is not very enthralling. I only read him when I want to feel that crushing Grey meaninglessness of existence that only soviet writers can capture

>soviet writers
>dostoy

Attached: 1647433594477.jpg (320x320, 16.03K)

>Soviet
>Imperial Russian
Yeah my bad I was mistaken. The point stands

Don't apologise user, you should paste that comment into a text file to use as bait.

LOL. So because you can't relate and identify an alien species' design with established human designs, it's bad? You come across as just complaining for the sake of complaining, especially when you're praising Master Chief's basic design. Seriously, an integrated visor no different to a motorcross helmet is supposed to convey intimate details of a character, get the fuck out of here with that.

Also the Covenant aren't a species they're a collective of different alien races.

Go play the games or at least read the wiki instead of showing the world how your broken brain thinks.

Attached: elites.jpg (1439x826, 725.61K)

This is a special type of warrior that gets an exclusive armour that is plain and silver coloured yes. Other elites (aliens) wear bright coloured armors that denote their rank. Is that what you're saying?

Reach was a good game, but not a great story.

Elites are chads

Attached: elite chads.webm (720x406, 2.84M)

My brain is just more advanced than yours. I understand design. Design is supposed to communicate ideas. You can't tell me "oh it's aliens so you don't understand the subtilties because you're human". There's nothing being communicated here.
The only designs you've linked that show anything is
>officer (because he's white)
>general (because it uses yellow I guess to denote rank, although that motif isn't carried over anywhere else)
>minor (because the face is actually designed to look like a stupid grunt
The rest are just shapes. They don't even have useful silhouettes.
I'm not saying they have to use human identifiers, they don't have to have a corinthian helmet (although one of them literally does have this, which is fucking stupid and shits on your entire point), but there's nothing usefully communicated here. I understand the covenant are religious, but nothing suggests that. Give them some fucking prayer beads or whatever. Some symbols of their faith. They look like they come off the asus assembly line. It's boring.

>Also the Covenant aren't a species they're a collective of different alien races.
I'm glad that shows through in their designs. You can tell there's a real blending of cultures going on.

looks like the guy running the diner in star wars 2

I bet it gives fantastic head

I want my honor guards back.

Attached: brave_2022-03-23_09-43-48.png (318x664, 378.03K)

What I liked is MC is like what looks to be some soulless machine. It goes back to the coolness of the likes of Robocop and shit.

But this will capture none of that.

wow you're retarded

But MC isn't some soulless machine at all
t. just replayed 1 and 2

He comes off as a 95 IQ bro in the first one. It's based

this is probably the most pseudo intellectual post I've ever seen.