How come this didn't get an adaptation in the late 2000s when historical pseudo Westerns were trending at the time?

How come this didn't get an adaptation in the late 2000s when historical pseudo Westerns were trending at the time?

Attached: il_570xN.2169594083_5o60.jpg (570x855, 119.97K)

It's a shitty book not worth reading, that's why.

AH CAINT READ

>psuedo westerns
It's an epic that requires a large budget to get it right and a ballsy studio willing to let the director show fucked up shit with that budget. It's tricky.

Cormac McCarthy always makes people seethe and I have no clue why

I can't find this edition of Blood Meridian anywhere. Drives me up the wall McCarthybros

oh shit he did the road? the post apocolypse one with the father and son? or am i thinking of something else

Yes, same author

Because No country for you old men AND the road's adaptations both flopped.

Who cares, if globowood made it now it would be an all black cast and they'd be scalping wypipo

you'd be surprised how many young men have been thoroughly meme'd into being full on terrified of expressing enjoyment for anything in case someone laughs at them. they're so perpetually afraid of being bullied that they've become mentally ill and resort to low level trolling as a cover.

>Blood Meridian adaptation
I'm posting it

Attached: jiflehhw2a851.png (1033x429, 30.08K)

there's hardly a cohesive plot to this. It would infuriate women. You can't sell a movie to only 50% of the population anymore

>directed by Taika Waititi or some faggot like that
Just let it be. Don't ruin this book. (((They've))) already fucked up Foundation, wheel of time, isoiaf, Witcher, Lotr. It'll just be niggers and trannies and will become a story about whitey bad, native Americans good.

oh god

basado
blood meridian and botns are the two essential meme books for confused early 20 year olds who played too much video games and are trying to replace it with literature. lord of the rings and crime and punishment are the other two.

It’s an edgy meme book for non-readers to feel intellectual and its adolescent and manchild fanbase reflect this.

True.

I almost certainly read more "grown up" books than you do. You're a bitch for thinking the way you do.

Wasn't James Franco working on one before he got #metoo'd?

>75% of the story is Moonman levels of feathernigger and spic killing, the other 25% is philosophical ruminations in deliberately obscure obsolete words
Gee I wonder why

No but he did write an incredibly pretentious fake review of the 1997 or so Stanley Kubrick adaptation, featuring Marlon Brando as Judge Holden, Johnny Depp as Glanton, and Leonardo DiCaprio as The Kid. Seriously just google it

This. Irony as a shield for their insecurity.

Everyone ITT saying "because muh scalping of non whites" is genuinely a retard, Cormac is by far one of the American left's favorite novelists, dude was interviewed by every talk show host and even Oprah back in the days, they would not cut anything down from it because everything he writes fits their artsy pretentious circles in the same way shit like Uncut Gems wasn't seen as antisemitic by them.
This is a hard pill to swallow but only shitty writers get their stuff hijacked by diversity quotas or outright cancelled.