Duckman

ahead of its time or just worse Simpsons?

Attached: MV5BZjNiMzA0ZDAtZjVkYS00NzMwLTk1ZjItZGI2YTI2NzEyMzdhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_[1].jpg (1000x1430, 362.04K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MwHeA9q19Mc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Does duckman have a hot ex wife?

Ahead of time, like time cant even catch up to it.

It came on tv too late

Wtf? How is it comparable to The Simpsons. What is it? The yellow? Are you 10 years old?

He's a widower.

Adult animation was fairly uncommon in the 90s, so the comparison was common at the time even though they are very different types of comedy and very different tonally.

Both. Nothing compares to peak simpsons but Duckman really did tap into what life is like as a single working man living in a city.
youtube.com/watch?v=MwHeA9q19Mc

George Costanza.

It was the first show I remember that admitted that men can get the short end of the stick when it comes to society's compassion.

His ex-wife's twin sister lives with him and she basically only wears gymgear. You be the judge.

Attached: Bernice.jpg (2182x966, 385.72K)

semmed very similar to something like fritz the cat

A running joke was people finding it weird that he constantly kept a picture of his dead wife with him, and that picture indicated she was considerably younger when she died.

It's fine, but the quirky exasperated long winded rants overstay their welcome, even if they have a point.

Fair enough. Tonally it's quite bleak and cynical for the most part, with some heart-warming moments thrown in here and there. It's full of smutty jokes and visuals so it's definitely aimed at adults, whereas The Simpsons was general viewing. Overall, in terms of calibre/quality, it's no where near close. Storytelling-wise It's acceptable, at times rises to greatness, but for the most part, pretty okay. The show's strong point is it's art style and atmosphere i guess.
I kinda wonder if, originally, Bernice was actually MEANT to be his wife, and then the creators decided some where along the way if it would be funnier/weirder if she was his sis-in-law ect ect.

>the comparison was common at the time
Not it wasn't. The Simpsons is a prime time family show and Duckman was a late night adult show.

You see them talked about together under the same general topics, though. Perhaps it would be better to say that they were associated together.

Attached: Duckman_both-hands.jpg (320x240, 16.25K)

Ahead of it's time.

He was the representation of the society meme 20 years before it was a thing.

YOU MOTHERFUCKERS JUST BLEW MY GOD DAMNED MIND!
I always thought this was his wife and she treated him like shit.