His status grew so large and legendary that when Japanese Emperor Hirohito visited the United States in 1975...

>His status grew so large and legendary that when Japanese Emperor Hirohito visited the United States in 1975, he asked to meet John Wayne, the symbolic representation of his country's former enemy.[160] Likewise when Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev visited the United States in 1959, he made two requests: to visit Disneyland and meet Wayne.[161]

Say something nice about America's most iconic actor

Attached: JW-21_20x30_cc-p2-8x12_FIN-1-682x1024[1].jpg (682x1024, 95.29K)

every movie he's in past 1935 is kino

He's been the most kino actor for many decades

Attached: shirley maclain john wayne.jpg (1538x584, 205.51K)

Rio Grande was pretty grand-e HAHAHAHAA but seriously I really liked it.

Attached: 4032125.jpg (1200x1600, 127.33K)

Wayne and O'Hara are a good combination. In an alternate universe, they would have been married and had many children.

Attached: vp-article_27bacccd-eb44-5f14-8799-0bf110bd5ee2[1].jpg (1200x869, 180.85K)

sneed

Russians loved cowboy movies, they related to it. That's why John Wayne was the shit to them.

I would say cowboy movies are pretty relatable to most men on Earth. I know hispanics love them them too.

He had good range as an actor. He could play any role.

Attached: take her.webm (1280x720, 1.59M)

>Khrushev was barred from visiting Disneyland

W-were there missiles there?

John Wayne is based
They were huge in bongland, the Itais love them too

Dang that's a beautiful speech

Yep. Award shows used to be worth watching.

Sounds like the world needs more westerns to come together

>watching tv with my dad a few years back
>surfing channels
>dad spots a John Wayne movie and identifies it based off of exactly one second between channels
>"go back, thats a great one!"
>its the hellfighters movie
>it was fucking kino
had one of my grandmas old friends tell me i looked like a young john wayne once lmao, old ladies are something else

>had one of my grandmas old friends tell me i looked like a young john wayne once lmao
The Duke was a slayer in his 20s

Attached: chad wayne.jpg (566x678, 79.71K)

holy fuck, never seen any young duke pics before. what an absolute chad, never knew he was so tall either. im about the same height and i guess i have a similar face/block head and nose, but no where near as chad or as much of a slayer unit

based old man that don't take no shit

Attached: this man's wearing my gun.webm (1280x720, 2.98M)

john wayne was a faggot

>come get these bullets whenever you want faget
fucking based

Seriously, they were two peas in a pod. That look is genuine. Even that film you posted, that last scene was a genuine reaction from the duke. Ugh, fine then john I'd you don't want her I'll take her.

Attached: images (13).jpg (637x481, 29.61K)

What are your top 5 The Duke kinos?

Charlie Chaplin was almost killed in Japan

I knew when I saw the Barbara Eden posting faggot earlier that we were overdue for another Le Duke thread.

He lost his good looks over time due to his habit of smoking 100 cigarettes and drinking a gallon of bourbon a day, but in his prime he absolutely broke poon

Attached: jw big trail.webm (1280x608, 2.9M)

>smoked six packs of marlboros at his peak
impressive, thats fucking dedication there